[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why should they? Loyalty points are for prioritising away match allocation.

You're basically looking to create a two-tier ballot system, based on away match attendance when - as is correct - it should be about whether or not you are a home season ticket holder.

Worth highlighting that the loyalty point system is also accumulated by length of season ticket. Hence a 10 year STH would gain some priority over a 1 year one. I’m not suggesting it is all done on loyalty just a small proper option.

However it sounds like there is going to be a tight timescale around organising this for each game so the club have gone for the quickest and most manageable option. I can’t argue with that. There is no such thing as an ideal world anymore.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can essentially get a refund by not taking up your winning ballot tickets, just stick any you get on the exchange and you'll get your money back ?
But do you still get a Barber Black Mark if you do this too often ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So what happens if my six year old son wins a ticket and I don’t?

In fact how’s any of this going to work with younger kids?

You can enter the ballot as a group (up to 5) if you wish.

You either all get a ticket or you don’t which poses the moral question of how much do you love your group!

Worse case, you ground him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Are you sure - those who have the most expensive seats can sit anywhere, those with the cheapest seats can only sit in the cheapest seats - if those with the expensive seats sit in cheaper seats they won't be there - In theory

Ok yes, same chance in ballot but need to be quick to secure seats just in case.

As a NS STH, that was one of my main takeaways. Hopefully my away ticket training will put me in a good place for any binfest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You apply together - we can select groups of up to 5 people. Either everyone in the group wins a ticket or none do.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can enter the ballot as a group (up to 5) if you wish.

You either all get a ticket or you don’t which poses the moral question of how much do you love your group!

And what does that mean? Does that reduce your chances if you’re in a large group? I can’t work it out?!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
And what does that mean? Does that reduce your chances if you’re in a large group? I can’t work it out?!

I suppose technically you are easier to house as an individual than a group so it may be weighted against a group, however that is offset against wanting to be in the group for the experience together (on the basis it “wouldn’t be the same”)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

They’ll have thought of that. Wait for the email with the full details.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I suppose technically you are easier to house as an individual than a group so it may be weighted against a group

Quite the opposite, I’d imagine.

With regards to accounting for social distancing rules, a group of 5 take up much, much, much less space than five individuals.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Sorry to be so grumpy but I think it sucks! I do not want to go a socially distanced, quarter full Amex wearing a mask. Surely they can’t make me pay for a ticket in these circumstances? And yes, I do understand that I can put it on the ticket exchange, but I’m not at all convinced it’ll sell......how are they so sure that people are gonna wanna watch The Albion in this way? I’ve been supporting The Albion for 45 years, I live 2 hours drive from Falmer, went to Gillingham, ST holder at Withdean, I love The Albion as much as anyone, but I still don’t fancy watching under these COVID Restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not in own seat, but in stand you usually sit in

There seems to be a lot of talk about how they are going to prevent all the lower price tickets being taken and about the 1901's taking north stand tickets as an example. This comment seems to have been ignored by a lot of people. Would go some way to preventing all the lower price seats going.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
That was probably the most interesting I've found Barber, and he actually shared a bit of empathy for the first time ever rather than lecturing.

There is no one size fits all scheme but it certainly sounds like they're making great attempts at a fair ballot that won't cause a permanent binfest.

Proof will be in the pudding of course but quite encouraging so far, even if it doesn't sound like it's going to be very fun at first.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
A bit confused about the ballot in terms of picking your seats. As you can buy tickets below your normal banding but not above? So if I'm in lowest banding, but those in highest banding buy all the tickets in north/south stand for example, I can't buy the remaining tickets in east/west etc? Or if the ballot randomly picks every north stand season ticket holder, but no one from East/West (I know unlikley), how does that work. Feel like I might have missed something obvious there mind :D

That's how I heard it. A lot of 'guard rails' so wouldn't expect ability to upgrade ticket in your example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports