Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Did anyone answer whether we can move from one end to the other at half time like you used to be able to do at Fulham in the open terracing. :)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Only STHs are entered into a ballot. Each STH can opt out of up to 6 ballots over the season. Each fan will have the same chance in each ballot, so some could get lucky over the course of the season (see lots of games) and some unlucky (see few).

There is no loyalty point implication - all STHs are treated equally. No loyalty points will be earned so no-one will be disadvantaged by missing out on games.

1901ers have their own ballot run in the same way.

If you win a ticket and can;'t go, you can put your ticket into the exchange. First of all, tickets will be offered to STH, any left will go to members. I'm not sure if it was clarified if a 1901er could buy a regular ticket on the exchange, but I don't see why not.

It was clarified that 1901 members CAN buy a regular ticket on the exchange.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Disappointed no acknowledgement of loyalty points though. Even if they had done the first 5% on loyalty points it would have least acknowledged the bobble hats amongst us to go home and away for years rather than putting us straight on par with every STH new or old.

Why should they? Loyalty points are for prioritising away match allocation.

You're basically looking to create a two-tier ballot system, based on away match attendance when - as is correct - it should be about whether or not you are a home season ticket holder.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reading between the lines, I suspect the overall ballot will include Sub ballots based on pricing levels , for example (assuming 30% capacity)

1901 - 30%
Top band 30%
Mid -30%
North stand (lol) 30%

I doubt they will communicate the inner workings to avoid avoidable arguments and class wars!

I’ve taken it as above with the exchange being open to all in the same terms and if there isn’t sufficient uptake on the exchange from STH they may open to members, it won’t be POTG that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already emailed PB and JG to ask about price bandings and what if only higher priced seats remain. I'll pass on the reply if they are happy for me to do so.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Only if you are medically exempt, i.e.shielding

Thank you, but I think that is totally out of order. Seriously considering whether to renew or not next season (2021/22).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't listen, but were supporters coaches mentioned ?

I can see how the system limits supporters in the stadium, but can't see how that limits a group of supports travelling in on one coach :)

.. if only by chance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My only thought is - if one mid choose one lower then one lower cant get a seat - I know its unlikely to happen as not all ballot winners will take up seats anyway.

Think the ballot will be by price band (ie 30% band A etc etc) - once a 'winner' you have a few days window to choose a seat in that same price band. Any not taken up will then go on sale to other STHs. If you don't want to take up your winning seat you can also put it on the exchange.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think the ballot will be by price band (ie 30% band A etc etc) - once a 'winner' you have a few days window to choose a seat in that same price band. Any not taken up will then go on sale to other STHs. If you don't want to take up your winning seat you can also put it on the exchange.

I think JG said that if you "win" and don't choose a seat, one will be allocated to you.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My only thought is - if one mid choose one lower then one lower cant get a seat - I know its unlikely to happen as not all ballot winners will take up seats anyway.

The ballot has to be run first to understand the landscape for the game

It’s is too top band heavy some will have to slum it!

If it’s too lower band heavy there’s enough seats in the upper west and east to accommodate the north (as an example)

There is no advantage in likelihood of winning a ballot based on what you have paid.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've already emailed PB and JG to ask about price bandings and what if only higher priced seats remain. I'll pass on the reply if they are happy for me to do so.

Thanks, I’d rather you went on another run though TBF!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
You can essentially get a refund by not taking up your winning ballot tickets, just stick any you get on the exchange and you'll get your money back ?

Are there gonna be enough people wanting to go to ensure that any tickets I ‘win’ in the ballot definitely get sold on the ticket exchange? MOST of the people Ive talked to about going back to a 25% full Amex, don’t want to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

What was said was if you succeed in the ballot you could choose any seat within or at a lower price band than your ST.. So if a band c you could chose a band c b or a seat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are there gonna be enough people wanting to go to ensure that any tickets I ‘win’ in the ballot definitely get sold on the ticket exchange? MOST of the people Ive talked to about going back to a 25% full Amex, don’t want to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As things currently stand I’d go to every game if possible

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have to say overall I was impressed that the club took the time and found it informative.

I wonder if other clubs will do the same? A colleague just told me Roy has been spotted at Speakers Corner.

Hopefully future fan sessions will be offered on video conferencing as well [emoji1319]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What was said was if you succeed in the ballot you could choose any seat within or at a lower price band than your ST.. So if a band c you could chose a band c b or a seat.

I assumed that if successful it’s any ticket in your price band range? It wouldn’t work otherwise.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
So what happens if my six year old son wins a ticket and I don’t?

In fact how’s any of this going to work with younger kids?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Excellent stuff from PB and team as usual. Impossible to get this right, or keep everyone happy whilst balancing commercial aspects, safety and everything else but brilliant, open comms and crystal clear an absolute mountain of work has gone into this (and will continue to do so). :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It was very impressive all round - they've obviously put a lot of work into trying to get this right. Barber IN!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I assumed that if successful it’s any ticket in your price band range? It wouldn’t work otherwise.

I'm sure they said you could choose a lower price zone if you wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here