Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Official Match Thread*** Uruguay vs England

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
We might as well face it that whatever Hodgson's tactics and clearly there were errors - the midfield needed changing far earlier, that the teams of 1986 and 1990 were class, and it also shows what a good manager Bobby Robson was. The 1996 Euro squad and 1998 team weren't bad either. Today's players just aren't good enough. It's not just the Premiership and foreign players. Look at the number of England players who used to play for top Continental sides - Hoddle, Waddle, Lineker, Platt. How many do now?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Tonight, I heard the strangest comment I've ever heard aimed at an England game on TV in a pub in London -

"It's like watching Palace vs. Swindon."

Er... what... therf UCK?!

???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Funniest moment of the World Cup so far. Camera pans round to the Uruguay fans going head-mental after their second goal - and there right in the middle of them is a single Scotland fan complete with Scotland jersey and Scotland flag going equally head-mental!! :lolol:

If I ever saw an England fan doing that as Scotland lost in a major tournament to a random Latin American team, I think I'd properly cringe with embarrassment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If I ever saw an England fan doing that as Scotland lost in a major tournament to a random Latin American team, I think I'd properly cringe with embarrassment.

Whereas the lad in question is being feted as a national hero north of the border. Funniest football thing ever :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here