Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Official Match Thread*** Uruguay vs England

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Quality..
I've waited years for us to play like Spain. ...
Now we are

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Strangely I do not find myself moribund and totally depressed after that debacle. I expected no less before the world cup. Hope, of course is always around somewhere but the reality is ugly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Gerard's quality but can be a liability. That flick on for the winner was schoolboy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This feels like a double blow.

Had no expectations coming into the tournament and never thought we'd get out the group. But then a couple of decent friendly performances and a good performance against Italy had me thinking. At times we looked exciting going forward, and coupled with Uruguay's performance against Costa Rica and Suarez not being fit I suddenly had really high hopes, for this game, tournament and the future.

Now I feel it's just like the old England all over again and I'm going to spend the remainder of my life watching the same old England I've been watching all my life :cry:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
England played as if they had lead boots on. No movement whatsoever. They were slow and ponderous whereas against Italy they were quick to the ball. Both our centre halves (Jag and Cahill) are just not quick enough. They are good but not England good. I don't know who else to put in their places though. One player who has only just came back from injury /surgery makes England's backs look like donkeys FFS. Where do we go from here? It's the end of a lot of English overpaid overthehill players. Saying all that we are not out yet! Slim chance but a chance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Roy Hodgson is right to play the youngsters, but now Steve Gerrard looks out of place, and seems to feel so too. I think there will be further changes before the EURO 2016 qualifiers. In a flood of emotion after the pending exit, it may be hard to see it, but this team is heading in the right direction. And if it wasn't for the error near the end, the rhetoric would be different for many.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funniest moment of the World Cup so far. Camera pans round to the Uruguay fans going head-mental after their second goal - and there right in the middle of them is a single Scotland fan complete with Scotland jersey and Scotland flag going equally head-mental!! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another reality check followed by WEASEL words by the likes of Greg Dyke but all the time the Premier League RULE English football nothing will change

This.

D

Deleted member 18477

Goofy prick.

We were crap for 70 mins and even when we started to play well we still conceded!

I honestly thought we'd draw tonight and beat Costa Rica to go through. Gutted.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Funniest moment of the World Cup so far. Camera pans round to the Uruguay fans going head-mental after their second goal - and there right in the middle of them is a single Scotland fan complete with Scotland jersey and Scotland flag going equally head-mental!! :lolol:

He's still trying to find his way home from Argentina'78. Ally McLeod's world beaters.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(

He didn't quite make it home from France '98, and his family were pleased to see him looking bonnie on the TV and still alive :)

Edit...was a bit slow there, och aye :)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Roy Hodgson is right to play the youngsters, but now Steve Gerrard looks out of place, and seems to feel so too. I think there will be further changes before the EURO 2016 qualifiers. In a flood of emotion after the pending exit, it may be hard to see it, but this team is heading in the right direction. And if it wasn't for the error near the end, the rhetoric would be different for many.

The team isn't heading in the right direction though. We can't pass, cross, dribble, head, pas de deux, overlap, wall pass, etc. A complete and utter shambles from top to bottom :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here