Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Official Match Thread*** Uruguay vs England

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Golden Generation?

Gerard, Terry, Cole, Carragher, Rooney, Lampard. These are theEnglish players top earners ever in the history of our domestic game, and they have produced exactly what for England?

Nothing!

Youngsters did OK, onwards and upwards for them. We really need a culture change in our domestic game if we are ever to genuinely compete on the international stage.

Down with the Premier League!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So our World Cup lasts five and half days.

What a bunch of cocks they are.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just about what I thought we would do in this World Cup. Very little.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Defeated by the South American champions, and the 2006 winners. Both ranked above us. hardly time for meltdown.

As soon as the draw happened it became apparent that the grouping made it hard for a team at the start of their journey.

No need for sackcloth and ashes.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Buck stops with Woy, moved Sterling and he was totally in effective to accommodate Rooney , he tapped in but that was all he produced.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Oh well , looking at it with perspective, we came into this world cup with little expectation. We played well against Italy, but ultimately were beaten by the better team. Uruguay had a shocker against Costa Rica. Tonight Uruguay were back on form, whilst England failed to build upon their opening game. We have been beaten by the 2 teams who we knew had quality. A quality that we also knew we did not have. Essentially we are now out. No real shocks there. But now I can put that aside, a continue to enjoy what is a cracking world cup competion. One that we were never going to win.

Very true, and how we should be looking at this world cup. However, no doubt people will want some blood.

For me, a lot of the blame lies with coaching in this country. It's all a bit boring though trying to sort that out. Better to shout at some players for not showing 'passion'.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Defeated by the South American champions, and the 2006 winners. Both ranked above us. hardly time for meltdown.

As soon as the draw was made it became apparent that the grouping made it hard for a team at the start of their journey.

No need for sackcloth and ashes.

Last goal was Sunday League, nothing to do with rankings

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
on the bright side least the current holders were knocked out before us

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Mathematically we're not out, but I don't see us tonking Costa Rica. Still, my prediction before the World Cup started was we'd be lucky to score a single goal, so my expectations have been exceeded.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
thought Rooney was our best player
couldn't see them winning when we equalized
thought we were on top then
gerrard , wellbeck and hart were the weakest link

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here