Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I am told by people in a better position to know than myself or members of NSC, that this new keeper is very good.

I know very little about any of the signings but Smith is the one that I'm most interested/excited about. He's a first team keeper with a half decent SPL side(they qualified for Europe the season before last, I think) and he's been in and around the Scotland squad. He sounds like a genuinely quality player. A very exciting acquisition.

Oct 25, 2003
I know very little about any of the signings but Smith is the one that I'm most interested/excited about. He's a first team keeper with a half decent SPL side(they qualified for Europe the season before last, I think) and he's been in and around the Scotland squad. He sounds like a genuinely quality player. A very exciting acquisition.

to be fair, being half scottish they've even asked me, my dad and my brother if we could all play for the national team

i'm still holding out on an england cap

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Yeah I'm a bit concerned he might be, although I'm heartened by his shocking positioning for Stevenage's winner on Saturday. Let's hope that a) he plays, and b) there is more of that. There is no festival of shit on nsc like a goalkeeping festival of shit!!
You aren't seriously hoping that if he plays, he plays badly are you?!?! Once a player pulls on an Albion shirt, I hope they do their best.

Last edited:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I remember talking to Les Rogers, the now retired youth coach who discovered Lynch, who told me he was the most gifted player he has ever seen (and he did discover Barry !), so I would keep him ?, different Manager, different style etc

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
For what its worth, I think 'Jocko' will be our main keeper this season, with Michel his able deputy. However, should Michel be 1st choice, at no time will I be hoping that he makes a cock-up, even if we are 6-0 up at the time.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He is a championship quality player & only left last year because Micky decided he didn't like him and played Hawkins instead.:glare:

Hawkins had played well in pre-season and in the first few games of the season (before being rushed back too early and suffering as a result) and he had earned the place on merit, Lynch didn't like being second choice and instead of fighting for his place (something he would have got back within a couple of games due to Hawkins injury) he decided that he was too big and too good for this club and handed in a transfer demand.

The more likely truth is that Lynch believed the hype/rumours about him playing in the Premiership soon, and felt that playing 2nd fiddle to someone was seriously damaging his chances of this happening, therefore he wanted to leave to try to further his career / earn more money.

The question now is, what would Lynch do if we keep him and he ends up a reserve / back up player to someone like Jimmy Mac, would he look to leave again, or fight for his place? And also does he have the desire to play for this club anymore?

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Lynch is a was good player last season at forrest and the season before that and looks good so far this season, i say keep him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here