Joel Lynch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gs71

Nov 26, 2007
I'm being honest and don't really want to see Joel in a Albion shirt again. He slated the club last year and made it very clear after his fall out that he was talking and stating the club was a small amateur club.

Should we stick with him or sign another left back?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He is a championship quality player & only left last year because Micky decided he didn't like him and played Hawkins instead.:glare:

He's had 2 games at LB so far, one where he looked very good, one where he looked a bit sketchy, give him a chance.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I'm being honest and don't really want to see Joel in a Albion shirt again. He slated the club last year and made it very clear after his fall out that he was talking and stating the club was a small amateur club.

Should we stick with him or sign another left back?

is this the 5000th post on this subject:annoyed:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I really am not fussed either way on this issue, because I think we have a good manager to take care of the player discipline side of things. Whilst Lynch showed a lack of judgement by making a silly comment on facebook, I can assure you that most people his age will have done exactly the same thing (and several will have had to answer to their employer because of it) - only they aren't in the public eye!

I think Lynch is a quality player. I also recognise that he put in a transfer request after an unnessarily public dispute with Micky Adams and Dick Knight. Adams and Knight have now gone and it looks as if Forest are unwilling to meet our valuation of Lynch. Therefore I am going to trust big Russ' judgement on this issue.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I really am not fussed either way on this issue, because I think we have a good manager to take care of the player discipline side of things. Whilst Lynch showed a lack of judgement by making a silly comment on facebook, I can assure you that most people his age will have done exactly the same thing (and several will have had to answer to their employer because of it) - only they aren't in the public eye!

I think Lynch is a quality player. I also recognise that he put in a transfer request after an unnessarily public dispute with Micky Adams and Dick Knight. Adams and Knight have now gone and it looks as if Forest are unwilling to meet our valuation of Lynch. Therefore I am going to trust big Russ' judgement on this issue.

I'd agree with all of that. I just hope he still wants it in a Brighton shirt

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he wants to be here and play, which so far by playng in the preseason games it seems he does I'll be more than happy he stays. Quality player of championship quality can only be an asset to the team. Not particularly fussed what he said about the set up last season, its old news

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A good player, but it would be better if he made some sort of public statement to say he made mistakes in the past and is more than happy to play for Brighton now...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A good player, but it would be better if he made some sort of public statement to say he made mistakes in the past and is more than happy to play for Brighton now...

Don't think there is any need for him to come out and say anything. Let his football do the talking, bit like Murray. Don't care if they really don't want to be here as long they do their thing on the pitch its all good.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Micky Adams made a lot of bad calls last season and Lynch was one of them..He has proved he is championship quality and that is what we want.Clean slate,new era, the squad/team will be a weaker one without Lynch, so i say stay.That said, he has got to want it, otherwise the sooner he goes the better.Only a squad/team all pulling in the same direction, can achive succes.I might also add, the same applies to Murray.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Happy to forgive and forget. Hopefully his spell at Forest has improved him as never looked all that before and was a bit of a mystery that he had a chance in the championship.

Happy to have him cover at LB until McNulty is fit even though he is a bit of a liability in this position

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
Get rid and get as much for him as we can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports