Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone else had this bloody awful bug over Xmas?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Glad i read this............. have had this for 5 weeks, thought it was just me

I've had a chest infection since the Monday of the week we played Bolton, had 3 lots of antibiotics, 2 samples of mucus sent for tests and an X-ray so far, can feel my chest getting tight again this morning so looks like another trip to the docs for me today! I lost about half a stone the first week but got my appetite back about 2 weeks ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've had it for just over a week, the cough was really dry and painful for the 2nd and 3rd day, seem to be on the mend having had serious sweating and a really bad cough hanging on. At least I have some energy back for 70% of the day. Not sure I want this for two more weeks though, so hope it doesn't drag on for that long. Ruined my Christmas and the worst bug I have had for over 30 years :down:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Almost inevitably, after a hectic work schedule in December, as soon as I broke up on Friday 21st that evening the sneezing, feeling shivery and my throat feeling like it was on fire ... all arrived.

3 days at home helped, but on Xmas Day and Boxing day, i felt knackered, but that seemed to bring it to an end.

Lucky so far this winter. Normally I have a bad cold or two each lasting about a month long.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Fit as a fiddle when I started reading this and have been for weeks, however now starting to feel a bit iffy & am off for a lie down

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Exactly the same as me... Started off with cold shivers and lump in throat about 3 weeks ago, progressed into ear ache in 1 ear, 3 weeks on still no hearing in 1 ear and still feel like shite! Very rarely get ill either ???

quacks at 11.30 will update you!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've had a chest infection since the Monday of the week we played Bolton, had 3 lots of antibiotics, 2 samples of mucus sent for tests and an X-ray so far, can feel my chest getting tight again this morning so looks like another trip to the docs for me today! I lost about half a stone the first week but got my appetite back about 2 weeks ago.

Finally spoke to the on call doc at surgery. "Leave it a couple of days and see how you are" is today's pearl of wisdom, I know I've got a chest infection and I'm coughing up bright green shit. I need to be well to look after mrs and to visit the Amex on Saturday :angry:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Started with dry cough on Xmas Eve, then temp with streaming cold and now left with hacking cough, no appetite and feel like shit! Ps haven't had drink in 4days!!

I have had it, clearing now but started on Tue 18th Dec. Was waking up in the night with a really high fever and it took 2 hours to get the fever down enough to sweat and get back to sleep. Not nice at all.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yeah lasted 3 weeks never had anything like it. Started with a temp burning up and freezing then spasms at night with a chesty cough which i lost my voice. Coughing and sneezing everyday no energy at all and when i started to feel better, the virus would morph and move to another part of my body. Completely lost my appetite as well.

Also i very rarely get ill so this must have been pretty strong.

Absolutely this !!!! Add the fact that every time I eat I feel like puking.

The only thing that seems to have helped was champagne ! Pity I can't get it on prescription as it would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Felt lousy for the whole of November and December;started with the worst sore throat I have ever had in my life together with a bad cough.Had chest X-ray,throat swab,blood tests,but nothing conclusive.Doc said I probably had one virus after another.
Only just starting to feel better now.
Regrettably,I didn't lose my appetite or thirst, hence a serious diet now.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Absolutely this !!!! Add the fact that every time I eat I feel like puking.

The only thing that seems to have helped was champagne ! Pity I can't get it on prescription as it would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Champagne bloody hell, how the other half live hey!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Unfortunately yes.

Started late Boxing Day & I'm still suffering, although not as bad. Tight chest, head full of snot, every muscle in the body aching, unable to keep warm plus feeling permanently tired. Instead of wine & beer, I've been on Benylin & extra strong Lemsip. :down:

Awaiting the first female to chime up about 'man-flu'. :whistle:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I had it at the start of November so you lot have probably all caught it off me :sick:

Feeling great now though......... took about 6 weeks to shift it completely. I had similar for the Newcastle fixture last year so I'm chuffed I'm over it in time for this season.

Last edited:

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
had it since dec 15th.
cant hear, sounds like im constantly under water and coughing up all sorts or hard lumpy green things. constantly sneezing and blowing my nose and when i do its yellow. Have tried sudafed, beechams cold and flu, breathing in hot vics / olbas to try and clear the sinuses and nothing. probably should go to the docs to see if they can give me some antibiotics but dont like going, called last week and was told that there is a virus going around that lasts up to 5-6 weeks so if thats the case i still have a few weeks to go. good thing was it didnt stop me eating or drinking but should've stayed off the drink to try and make it better. worse thing is no one i know has had it

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Been ill since New Year's Eve. Worst bug I've had in years, too weak to even get out of bed for a couple of days.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
First day back to work today and my son has it. He is like Neil out of 'The Young Ones' and I will be putting his head in a bin liner tomorrow:laugh:

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I've had it for just over a week, the cough was really dry and painful for the 2nd and 3rd day, seem to be on the mend having had serious sweating and a really bad cough hanging on. At least I have some energy back for 70% of the day. Not sure I want this for two more weeks though, so hope it doesn't drag on for that long. Ruined my Christmas and the worst bug I have had for over 30 years :down:

Sounds like cat flu symptoms, which are the pre-cursor to full blown bad cat aids.

R.I.P mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here