Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your end of season Mojo

Your end of season Mojo

• Total voters

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Pretty low. For all it’s not been the best end to the season, RDZ was excellent for us and I am sad he’s away.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Half of me is looking forward to football where we don't have our backs to the goal for most of the match, but half of me worries about the change and the fact the team just don't appear to be on the same wave length as each other. Granted we have injuries, so hopefully they'll be back for the start of the next season, was worrying to see Pascal Gross so angy at the end...So I'll fence sit and go for 5.
I was only listening to the match on the radio. Have you any idea or theories as to what was going on with Pascal to provoke such anger?😳

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
2. Apart from the first few games and the Europa group stage, it’s been an underwhelming season. It feels like we need a rebuild in the summer. We know what the boards strategy is but I think this season has shown it’s very hard to sustain it when clubs in this division are spending more and more money.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think next season will be one of re-building. New manager, different style of play, some of our injured players won't be back for the start of the season (will Solly ever play again?), new players adjusting to a new team (and possibly the Premier League).

Hopefully the new coach can handle adversity better than RDZ, and is willing to stick around and actually engage and embrace that re-building process.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
5 - bit worried. Awful relegation form and we have no way out currently. Feel like the club are a bit short sighted with RDZ. He wanted us to push boundaries and the board would rather linger in the top 10. They are also v sensitive to criticism.Shite end to an incredible season.
No way out? A fully fit squad, a new manager, and a transfer window. It’s been bad. My mojo is low. But can it really be that bad?!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
3. I know there have been lots of injuries but unless whoever comes in dishes out some swift kicks in the pants to some of the underperformers of the past 3 months and/or we get some decent fresh blood in; then we are dangerously close to being relegation fodder next season.

I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I will also miss De Zerbi as - for most of the time- it's been a great ride but I do wonder whether his heart has been in it for the last few weeks. So it was probably time for a change.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

A season which promised so much has ended with us seeking a new manager, with half the squad crocked and bottom half of the table behind pissing Palace.

And because the thread didn't explicitly state Albion mojo - I'm f***ing sick of Man City winning the league all the time. It's shit and boring and predictable and diminishes the so-called best league in the world.

Oh, and we're going to get dicked in the Euros.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Has it been destroyed by our end of season implosion and departure of RDZ or are you basing it on how you think we might do next season?

I am reasonably positive but I have hated the last few months as most games were a really frustrating watch, but we do have some excellent young players who will have benefited from the game time. We will also be making some decent signings I’m sure

Excites to see who our new manager is too

I am a glass half full 6
A 6 isn’t half full. It’s 60%.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Glad this season is over now. Started with so much promise and Europe but we lost our way during the 2nd half of the season. Even today when we had Man U on the ropes, we could not convert into a win.

Looking forward to next season starting and the team going again and producing performances they can be proud of.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It was at 2 ( and only then because Bloom and Barber were still in situ.)

Now that the Italian Bielsa Mark 2 has been f**ked off , I have my mojo at 5 until we see who the Italian frauds successor is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can't see anything other than a relegation scrap next season. Let's hope the new manager and 3/4 new players change this scenario

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
All was fine until about 5pm yesterday, but now it’s very very low.
The next bloke has got a job on and big big shoes to fill.

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
Finishing below Palace has brought the mojo down a couple of notches to 4. Hopefully we'll get in a manager who can maintain the exciting attacking philosophy of peak RDZ but perhaps with less intensity, as it really has knackered the squad. Also would be good if they prioritise defence slightly more as well. I'm aware the manager I seem to be describing is Graham Potter but I can assure you I'm not.

Well said, agree with every word.

I’m actually slightly regretting the £700 for next year if this is how they’re going to carry on. With Marseille, Athens and Rome I’ve spent about £4000 on this club in the last 12 months. The away trips have been amazing but there’s currently a pretty sour taste in my mouth and it isn’t from today’s balti pie.

It is mad that the club doesn’t want to improve on what we have achieved. Find it crazy! Frustrating also. Can’t see how we can get better than RDZ.

Can someone plz explain what Gross was like at FT?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Don't think RDZ was 'the special one', despite early promise. Pleased that he's gone now rather than a shit show early on in the season.

Disappointing season overall, but still one of the most memorable due to the Europa League group stage. Glad it's over and we can look forward to the nextone.

Looking forward to the new manager. Looking forward to the next season. Excited to see any new signings. Some of our young players are likely to shine next season, namely Barco, Baleba and Buonanotte... plus March & Mitoma returning. Gonna be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here