[Sussex] What's hot and what's not in Worthing?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I quite like some of the prints from the Two faced Twins on the Seafront between the Crabshack and the pier. Not necessarily cheap and you can’t eat it but reminds me of some of the Richard Dunn stuff in the Lanes back in the day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I quite like some of the prints from the Two faced Twins on the Seafront between the Crabshack and the pier. Not necessarily cheap and you can’t eat it but reminds me of some of the Richard Dunn stuff in the Lanes back in the day.

Don't you mean Philip Dunn ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I used to stay in Worthing during summer holidays as a kid with an aunt who really wasn’t an aunt. Many days spent at the Lido and fishing on the pier. Later in life a mate of mine opened a night club on the pier that’s probably the last time I went to Worthing.
Rutherfords or more aptly named by the non nightclubbing crowd Rubberheads...:lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

My son has just purchased Dome Sweet Dome…..

They really are very good.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Worthing of 2022 has indeed got many delights. This is just as well as with the roads and volume of traffic east (A27) and west (A259), it's almost impossible to leave the place.

And you never grow old here… It’s Shangrila

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
My son has just purchased Dome Sweet Dome…..

They really are very good.

I have a couple of their glass wall clocks too. This is one of them.

BA926403-D852-461F-884C-83837BF2AA4A.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a couple of their glass wall clocks too. This is one of them.

View attachment 152068

I was tempted by the print of that when I first saw it, but what really put me off was the "Buy now pay later" red ad board because I've never seen that at the Amex, which made me wonder if it was a thinly-veiled dig at Amex themselves by the TFT.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was tempted by the print of that when I first saw it, but what really put me off was the "Buy now pay later" red ad board because I've never seen that at the Amex, which made me wonder if it was a thinly-veiled dig at Amex themselves by the TFT.

That sort of cynicism can only come from years of having to mod NSC :wink:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

I’ve never noticed that to be honest. But it does make a nice wall clock when I’m shirking from home now and again.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bloody hell, when I lived there, the top shop, was called the Top shop, then an estate agent, and barbers. you had to walk to the Coach and Horses to get a beer - no footpath, no street lights - just an endless bloody hill.

Yes, has had a number of iterations over the years.

The hill remains endless!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moved yesterday. 1st pub as a Worthing resident is the George and Dragon. Interesting mix of tradesmen and slightly older folk. Beer is a good 50p cheaper than Hove!
Nip over the road to The Parsonage, nominally a restaurant but good beers in the snug bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports