Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What's hot and what's not in Worthing?

After spending a good few years back in Hove we have bought a place in West Worthing (can't afford Hove!) and are moving later this week. Thought I'd tap up the vast NSC knowledge of all areas and see if there is any advice (accepting it will likely turn in to a moanfest about something completely unrelated by habitual thread disruptors)?

I've had a couple of evenings out to research a few pubs. I'd gladly take pub, restraurant, cafe, bakery and Curry House thoughts (all the important things) and also any local knowledge about where to perhaps avoid after dark! Any hidden gems and good places to go for a stroll, bike ride etc?

Thanks in advance

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
if you're in West Worthing then you're prob not far from their branch of Flour Pot

plenty going on in Worthing these days...we moved slightly further along the coast but go into Worthing a fair bit (and I do for football)

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Fika

https://www.fikasussex.co.uk

Filthy fried egg sandwiches.

e8049029-c52f-4dbe-90df-5dc3b422ef49.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Old bike store
Beer No evil
Bottle & jug
Hand brew pub and taproom (latter in west Worthing)

For craft beers.

Shafiques or Mahaan for curry.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For more traditional pubs - Corner House & Egremont are ok. Corner House roasts are good, as are the Gun at Findon

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Yamu Yamu for superb affordable Japanese/Korean dishes. Plenty more on that strip, Montague St, like Malt Cafe. good Mexican/mescal bar there too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hare and Hounds is a very decent traditional pub, does very good freshly prepared food.

If you're lucky, you might see Richie Reynolds hosting a pub quiz.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yamu Yamu for superb affordable Japanese/Korean dishes. Plenty more on that strip, Montague St, like Malt Cafe. good Mexican/mescal bar there too.

Crudo. Which is nice. Salsa Viva also a good Mexican

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There was a bit of a locals Worthing resurgence a few years back and I went along a tried a few of the recommendations and came away seriously unimpressed. I have to say though that in the last couple of years Worthing has really changed my opinion.

Some seriously quirky places to drink. For craft the Old Bike store is very good and Level 1 hit and miss. The Anchored, Brookstead, Toad in the Hole and Green Man would form the basis of an excellent ale crawl especially if you add the likes of the Selden Arms and the Corner House.

The two Kenny Tutt restaurants have added quality food and first rate service, even if the menus could be a little more adventurous for my taste. The expanded Crab shack is a top spot for seafood and if you really want to treat yourself for breakfast Perch on the Pier is awesome for the view (minus half a point for the plastic foliage) Mahaan and Om Taste of Nepal are both recommended and I am interested in trying out the newish Mexican place Crudo.

Unless you are going to see the latest FX blockbuster the Dome is a wonderful cinema and great value for money.

Worthing really has the feel of a place on the way up, which is quite something in these difficult times.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Hare and Hounds is a very decent traditional pub, does very good freshly prepared food.

If you're lucky, you might see Richie Reynolds hosting a pub quiz.

Lucky you say?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here