Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars: Episode 7

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Whilst your geekdom of Starwars trumps mine (my wife thinks that is impossible so hats off) i'd still argue that sending Luke up against the death star was the equivalent of Gus playing a new signing from Whitehawk up front in a relegation battle on the basis Charlie Oatway saw him as a kid and thought he was 'alright'

For the attack on the Death Star, Luke was selected as the wing man for Biggs.

Biggs Darklighter was one of the top pilots within the Rebel Alliance and also Lukes best mate on Tatooine, so I suspect that he vouched for him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For the attack on the Death Star, Luke was selected as the wing man for Biggs.

Biggs Darklighter was one of the top pilots within the Rebel Alliance and also Lukes best mate on Tatooine, so I suspect that he vouched for him.

Well, If I was Wedge I'd have the right camel.

Some JCL blows the first death star and then Lando and his Chinese puppet gets the gig in ROTJ. I'd be onto my UNITE rep.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well, If I was Wedge I'd have the right camel.

Some JCL blows the first death star and then Lando and his Chinese puppet gets the gig in ROTJ. I'd be onto my UNITE rep.

Bloody JCL!!! only got the job because his dad is some kind of Big Knob in the Republic!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Don't forget this deal includes the Indiana Jones franchise too. I would imagine a reboot a few years down the line.

The tricky part of the new Star Wars movies is that you would assume younger actors will have to play the key and iconic characters from the original trilogy. It's hard to imagine how anyone is going to follow Ford as Han Solo.
Whilst true, I thought Star Trek would have the same problem and they carried it off admirably. Alternatively, you could just set the next film 32 years after ROTJ :) A thought that has just come to mind though - I'd really like to see a movie set in the KOTOR era or similar.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oooooh

BBC News - Star Wars job goes to Toy Story 3 writer

Hollywood scribe Michael Arndt will write the next instalment in the Star Wars series, Lucasfilms has confirmed.

Arndt won an Oscar for best original screenplay for the 2006 comedy Little Miss Sunshine. His screenplay for Toy Story 3 was nominated for best adapted screenplay in 2010.

He has also co-written the second film in the Hunger Games trilogy.

According to the Hollywod Reporter, the latest Star Wars story will focus on a new generation of heroes.

However, there could be appearances by actors Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in older incarnations of their characters - Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia - from the original Star Wars trilogy.

Harrison Ford, who played space smuggler Han Solo, is also reported to be interested in reprising his role.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Guess who's writing the next movie at least :lolol:

I'll give you a clue

220px-Toy_Story_Soundtrack.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here