Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ross Barkley - released.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ross Barkley has been released by Chelsea and is now a free agent. Two or three years ago I'd have loved to have him at the Albion, but considered he was out of our league, but now ............?

Wages might be an issue, given where he's played. Maybe he and his agent still believe he will walk into a nice three year deal, probably in Europe, on comparable wages - maybe, and maybe not. On the other hand, he's lnow on £0 per annum - with his career having apparantly more or less hit the buffers at Chelsea.

Does his career need rescuing? One year deal (not on silly Chelsea wages of course!) with a one year option to extend, so he has some value at the end of the year. Don't think he'd get into our team at the moment, but potentially good back-up. If he does well in his one year, we may sell him for a few £million (or give him a new contract if he turns out to do really well) or if he doesn't shine, just let him leave. Much to my surprise, he's still only 28.
Could do a job (if the price is right)?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
yes I'd take him, as long as his character fits the club. though I expect most on here would think he's beneath us, as they initially did with welbeck. at the end of the day he's got excellent technical ability, regardless of whether he's been in the chelsea team or not

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Poor man’s Pascal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not even read the OP post, but the answer is no.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Tread carefully. There will be a reason he has been released.

Why have Everton loaned Dele Alli to Besiktas?

Two England players who should be in their prime, but both careers have gone bad. Is it attitude?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Barkley - “Gaffer, what’s a high press?”
GP - “I hear Dele Alli’s new club is looking for another England has-been, you’re best off in Turkey lad.”

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At this moment in time, we would be good for him.
And as Someone earlier said we have got welbeck’s career back on track.
I’d take him for a year on modest wages (provided he isnt known n football circles to be a dick).
He was decent once.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here