Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plane Crash - Where will you be sitting?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
19E Over the wing - strongest part of the plane. Right on top of all the fuel mind so could go badly wrong. Ideally I'd kick out the nearest stewardess and get a far safer rear-facing seat.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
When was travelling quiet alot i used to travel with the SAS survival handbook, if memory serves it recommended the tail as it snaps and alot of their guys book seats at the back, or the wing area as its the strongest. Not on facebook to choose a seat so just put me in the tail somewhere.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When was travelling quiet alot i used to travel with the SAS survival handbook, if memory serves it recommended the tail as it snaps and alot of their guys book seats at the back, or the wing area as its the strongest. Not on facebook to choose a seat so just put me in the tail somewhere.

Now have a mental image of you as being a Gareth Type from the office.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Now have a mental image of you as being a Gareth Type from the office.

Haha not quiet but the book has been very useful abroad. Best travel advice i was ever given though always carry a pack of Marlboro in your bag for bribes. Not in the book!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
33D As long as we don't crash backwards I should be "fine"

I'm going for that one too. Tail sections gotta be strong and the central positio in the fuselage has got to give us a chance.

At least thats the logic...

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
18A.

I love the disclaimer at the end

Don’t worry, plane crashes are rare and it is extremely unlikely you will ever be involved in a real one. All crashes are different – the feedback you’ll receive on your seat choice is based on the analysis and knowledge of our crash experts and relates only to this particular crash

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They want to put a crash test dummy in my seat? My mama no raise no dummies.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I've gone for the back row, seat 33F- which is were I sat flying home from Italy a couple of weeks ago...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Is it not discriminatory to only be allowed to check-in via Facebook?
On the 727, was their one row of seats over the wing that were rear-facing?
Or was it an old BAC-111 that had that?

The VC10 military personnel transporters have all their seats facing rearward.

When I travel by train, I always choose a reward facing seat.

Remember being in the queue to board a plane somewhere and the jack-the-lad in front of me asked the stewardess greeting us on board:
"Ere darling, do these planes crash often?"
To which she calmly replied.
"No sir, just the once, after that they never fly again."

Oh how I miss Dan Air ....

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
22a Its where I sit on every flight. I like to keep an eye on the wings.... Make sure there still attached and all that!

D

Deleted User X18H

That William Hill down London Road. Is run by an Albion fan.

Sorry on phone not good with technology

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clip on C4 shows it touching down quite smoothly. Maybe the front will fair well?

When checking in it looked like they only have a few crash dummies in there, but you'd think they'd have loads.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just seen a picture of it on Breakfast. I will keep my chosen seat. Those in First Class :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here