Pie Update

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I had my first yesterday. Beef.

It was COLD :down:

The first pie I bought in Dick's was cold, I told the staff in there, the lady took it off me and apologised and never came back :(

I had to keep returning mine for the same reason. It's highlighted some real training needs for the Azure staff. The pies are wonderful, truely wonderful but you're going to take a massive hit if the people in charge of cooking them keep falling short.

From your end though, top marks. :thumbsup:

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
had my second steak and ale pie yesterday, lovely, my boy had a chicken one after match, wasnt that hot though but was very nice, i keep telling the mrs about the pies and have promised to bring her one home after the next match, would be good to buy one at a shop preferably cheaper than at the stadium. Maybe try and get somewhere near brighton railway station, would be good to sell at a fish and chip shop as cant get chips at stadium.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
My veggie at both spurs and donny were just delicious. I have one request...is there anyway you can stop the wonderful wafting aroma drifting up to the WSU ten minutes before half time? It is driving me MAD! I just can't concentrate on the game. Yesterday i spent that time whispering to my father "you need a piss...you need a piss" so he would think he did and get in the pie queue early!

I know i am a bad man.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My veggie at both spurs and donny were just delicious. I have one request...is there anyway you can stop the wonderful wafting aroma drifting up to the WSU ten minutes before half time? It is driving me MAD! I just can't concentrate on the game. Yesterday i spent that time whispering to my father "you need a piss...you need a piss" so he would think he did and get in the pie queue early!

I know i am a bad man.

Honestly I wish they could get rid of the smell, I'm sick of it after working everyday with them. Anyone would think I'm mad to turn down free pies for lunch everyday!

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Luke - Very pleased for you and your mother, how's your brother getting on? Is he part of the business too? Either way, the pies really are top notch and have received the blessing of the Burgess Hill Seagulls :thumbsup:

Grant's working as a Chef at the stadium, think last I heard he was cooking for the 1901 club and for directors on the two friendlies. He's been working 50 hour weeks and asked for the day off on Saturday as obviously the match was a massive deal for him. Finds out a day before that they hadn't told the head chef so he had to work, was absoloutly devestated when I spoke to him yesterday. The only thing that would have made the game better was if he was there.

Spelling is awful but I've just finished making pies after 12 hours so really can't be bothered with checking it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
SBS: This looks like it could be a true success story that just keeps giving. I'd like to volunteer my services as a taster. I like pies, you see.

Side note: I took three boxes home from Dick's Bar, one marked 'Steak'; one 'chicken'; one 'vegetable. Through a series of hilarious consequences, I ended up with two 'chicken' and one burger of unascertainable 'meat'. The chicken pies were, naturally, DELICIOUS. The burger was f***ing VILE. Truly awful.

:)

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Definitely need to have a word with the club about the wrong food type in boxes, seriously can't be that hard to get it right. The main thing that worries me is a vegiterian getting a meat based pie. Not sure how many tasters my Mum has asked for, might have to do a lucky dip of some sort. You'll all have to get CV's of previous pie eating carrers next

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Along with my brother, Dad and my girlfriend, we got through both the Steak and the Chicken pies yesterday. Both my brother and my Dad felt that these were the best pies that they'd tasted in a football stadium! So, very positive.

The only negative we had were that my girlfriend really wanted to try a Steak pie in Dick's Bar after the game, and we were accidentally served with a Chicken pie. When taking it back, we got another chicken pie. This happened 3 times in quick succession, until they decided to just give us a refund as they couldn't find a steak pie. We went down to the North concourse and they took a Steak pie from the relative section behind them, and when we got to the train - we realised that we had another chicken pie! None of them had the little box on the side ticked, so staff didn't know which was which. My girlfriend was gutted. She loves her pie.

Think yourself lucky, I ordered a steak pie after the game and received a burger that had been incinerated and was rock solid. Pissed and hungry I couldn't be bothered to go back and change it, it was pretty shite though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here