Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sadly Good Things Brewing brewery got struck by lightning and burnt down. Gutted for them

[tweet]1419356783550861313[/tweet]

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sadly Good Things Brewing brewery got struck by lightning and burnt down. Gutted for them

[tweet]1419356783550861313[/tweet]

Really gutted for them. They've had set back after set back over the last 18 months and now this.

The brewery was in an absolutely beautiful setting, with a duck pond and cracking views over Eridge park. The barn which is now ashes was stunning and they had spent a lot of time, effort and I assume money restoring it. Was a great place to have a beer. Sadly they'd been knocked back a couple of times for getting a licence but did have open days where they were working off temporary licences. They were planning to do that again next weekend. They even had an open day where they gave everything away to get around the licencing restrictions.

Above all though they are a thoroughly nice bunch of chaps who make cracking beer so I'm devastated for them. I really hope they are able to bounce back from this.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've got a mixed delivery of "craft" alcohol free beers from Wise Bartender coming today (AF drinks company). Happy to share my findings if that's not going to offend any of the AF isn;t beer crowd.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
People often ask what craft beer is.

Overpriced brew knocked up by a an enthusiastic amateur, using early 20th century practices, a modicum of food/drink manufacture legal procedures, in a premise that should have been condemned long ago, and aimed at ponsified pseudo intellectual twats, that in other areas of life pontificate to the masses how they need to be more accepting of change.

Please, carry on, leave me to the grape juice of the gods :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Overpriced brew knocked up by a an enthusiastic amateur, using early 20th century practices, a modicum of food/drink manufacture legal procedures, in a premise that should have been condemned long ago, and aimed at ponsified pseudo intellectual twats, that in other areas of life pontificate to the masses how they need to be more accepting of change.

We have left you to the grape gods; it was YOU who jumped on this thread. You really are a moron at times.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We have left you to the grape gods; it was YOU who jumped on this thread. You really are a moron at times.

I was having a bit of fun, and laughing at myself too. Wine is also guilty of all of the above, less twats though.

But please, carry on being upset.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Spoken like a true Fosters fan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
https://www.scotsman.com/business/n...hrough-venture-with-beer-making-giant-3371892

Looks like [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] will get some decent beer to test now that everyone’s favourite independent small-scale home-spun artisanal hand crafted brewery has struck a deal with Asahi!

I'll tell after my meeting this afternoon. Doubt it will touch my lips anytime soon.

Plus HT I do a little more than test beer, like design dispense systems, review and set all of our specifications.

Plus the thin edge of the wedge for YOUR favourite independent small-scale home-spun artisanal hand crafted brewery. That's now anything but a small-scale craft brewery.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Had the pleasure visiting the B-R-Z-N pop up in Beaconsfield Road on Saturday, a delightful small bar with a fantastic yard/garden at the back. The beer (which is brewed in a shipping container on New England Road) was superb. A fantastic Kolsch-style table beer Turntables which was the tastiest 3.4% beer I have had in a long while. Also had a nice nutty best bitter and a fuller flavoured IPA. The request has gone in for a permanent license and the verdict will be known the 15th of September, fingers crossed it gets to stay.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
https://www.scotsman.com/business/n...hrough-venture-with-beer-making-giant-3371892

Looks like [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] will get some decent beer to test now that everyone’s favourite independent small-scale home-spun artisanal hand crafted brewery has struck a deal with Asahi!

OK so basically Brew Dog are announcing they no longer can or will be a craft brewer as they want to expand heavily beyond these shores. To do so they have signed up with Asahi Japan, nothing to do with Asahi UK, to help distribute their tat in Japan.

We will continue to actively deride their tat in this country.:):drink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
OK so basically Brew Dog are announcing they no longer can or will be a craft brewer as they want to expand heavily beyond these shores. To do so they have signed up with Asahi Japan, nothing to do with Asahi UK, to help distribute their tat in Japan.

We will continue to actively deride their tat in this country.:):drink:

They are still brewing it themselves, just relying on Asahi distribution network in Japan to sell their beer. 60/40 JV - BrewDog owning 60%. Seems like a good deal. They already sell their beers to Heineken (Star Pubs) and Molston Coors tied venues, so this is a bit more than a distribution agreement it is not that far beyond what they already have.

To be honest if those nasty Macros didn't tie up landlords in unfair practices so much, it would be a fairer, open market for true craft brewers to get their beers to a wider market.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They are still brewing it themselves, just relying on Asahi distribution network in Japan to sell their beer. 60/40 JV - BrewDog owning 60%. Seems like a good deal. They already sell their beers to Heineken (Star Pubs) and Molston Coors tied venues, so this is a bit more than a distribution agreement it is not that far beyond what they already have.

To be honest if those nasty Macros didn't tie up landlords in unfair practices so much, it would be a fairer, open market for true craft brewers to get their beers to a wider market.

Distribution in Japan only, nothing here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here