[Albion] Liam Rosenior - Next Brighton manager?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting interview on talkSPORT - chairman says disagreement over style of play, thinks Liam has been a bit to pragmatic and not got the most out of the players he had.

Mixed reaction from fans, recurring theme of pretty poor home form, bit to pragmatic and not always pushed enough when losing / drawing

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I don't really understand the decision to sack LR from a business perspective.

He'd just signed a new deal in December, so it wouldn't have been cheap to get rid of him. His media stock was higher than it has ever been, there has been a huge amount of talk about his ability to transform Hull tactically into a far better watch, and he has also taken them considerably higher up the table. At the very least, you'd think that a relegated PL side, or lower PL sides who would have the money to release him from his contract in the not-too-distant future.

Why would you sack a manager on the up when you could get a fee for them? It's a costly business getting rid!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Their budget? I Think they had the biggest net spend in the league last season, and that doesn’t factor in the 8 loan signings they had which were very strong overall.
I can't find anything that shows that. I can find stuff that they spent the 8th most on transfers, and have bottom half wages.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't find anything that shows that. I can find stuff that they spent the 8th most on transfers, and have bottom half wages.
That was last season

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The owner wasn’t enjoying watching the football he’s paying for, seems fair enough.
....and he says he wants PL football.....so thats all settled then.....he needs to find someone who will play open, attractive football and get them promoted pretty damn sharpish.....
Good luck with that then......!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sounds like West Ham Mk2......
They want open, attacking football and to be challenging top six in the PL.......( be careful what you wish for )

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hull City owner Acun Ilicali has revealed that manager Liam Rosenior was sacked because his style of football failed to provide enough excitement.

“I said I would rather lose 3-2 than have a boring 0-0. If you are counting the points and draw every game 0-0 you are going to get relegated. If you lose 3-2, it means you will win another game 4-1." - Hull’s Turkish owner Acun Ilicali

OK, mate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Charlton am sure thought the same when they binned off Alan Curbishley as all too boring being mid table PL team ...
And Tony when he sacked Chris

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hull City owner Acun Ilicali has revealed that manager Liam Rosenior was sacked because his style of football failed to provide enough excitement.

“I said I would rather lose 3-2 than have a boring 0-0. If you are counting the points and draw every game 0-0 you are going to get relegated. If you lose 3-2, it means you will win another game 4-1." - Hull’s Turkish owner Acun Ilicali

OK, mate.

Tell me you don't understand how hard the Championship is to get promoted from without telling me you don't understand how hard the Championship is to get promoted from.

What a choob.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And Tony when he sacked Chris
Chris was in the job for multiple seasons and got the job done, having built a team that could achieve the goal.

Liam? Not so much...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports