Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Bloom becoming untrustworthy?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We absolutely DID NOT replace Bissouma, Caicedo and Mac.

The club was left with zero CM’s with the skillset and pace to shield the back 4 this season.

Dahoud didn’t perform that role for Dortmund, Milner is at the end, Gilmour bless him lacks pace and mobility.

We can hate on RDZ, but at least be honest on glaring 2023/24 squad deficiencies. Villa, Fulham, Roma, Luton, Chelsea, Wolves were all able to take the p1ss in centre midfield.
You forgot Mwepu as well 4 classy midfield players , and have not replaced one of them

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The only thing would say about Bloom , does not seem to be able to keep hold of staff that hold important positions,
it seems to me as soon as a good opportunity comes along they can’t wait to jump ship ,

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
“We want you to stay” and some very audible “boos” from the West Lower when Bloom and Barber shown on the big screens during De Zerbi’s speech, could also hear a few from the North Stand when RDZ said that they couldn’t reach an agreement.

Interesting. (And somewhat surprising)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
“We want you to stay” and some very audible “boos” from the West Lower when Bloom and Barber shown on the big screens during De Zerbi’s speech, could also hear a few from the North Stand when RDZ said that they couldn’t reach an agreement.

Interesting. (And somewhat surprising)
Just shows you can’t legislate for dickheads.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only thing would say about Bloom , does not seem to be able to keep hold of staff that hold important positions,
it seems to me as soon as a good opportunity comes along they can’t wait to jump ship ,
Barber off, is he?

This thread is shit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are on the wind up? Surely Shirley? Do you think we are top 4 or something??

What about the other side of the coin you so freely forget in that Managers see a brilliantly managed club, want in on it, agree to the model and then get greedy??

I have no doubt Tony and the team are pretty clear when he goes courting managers....
I still can't work out why anyone would suddenly imagine Tony Bloom is dishonest.

Answers on a postcard.

I have made my speculations elsewhere :shrug: .

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Wtf.😡

X can do one.

This is such a tired trope.

It took several seasons and loans to get the Caicedo/Mackie midfield to where it was by 2022/2023 season. It will take another few seasons to replicate that successful partnership out of the next generation of youngsters coming up behind them. That’s not going to work for managers who want better on better results each season - the long term trajectory is two steps forward, one step back. Slowly we build, steady at the helm, the more sustainable the rise.
Completely agree with this point.

When people say we haven't replaced xyz player, what they are actually saying is we haven't replaced the player that left, not the player that arrived.

Ali Mac, Caicedo, Biss etc. didn't arrive as the players that left, they arrived like Baleba, Barco and Buononotte.

For what its worth I think we replace players very much like for like, but on the basis of the potential we had when we signed them, not the hype that surrounds them when they leave.

I cant see the logic of suddenly taking risks on 27/28 year old players with 40-60m transfer fees and high wages, when there is no certainty that they will work out.

FWIW, Im gutted that De Zerbi has gone, I loved having a breakout rock star manager for the last 2 years, but if it comes down to backing Tony or Roberto, theres no comparison.

Lets not forget that 10 managers have finished above Roberto this season and a number of those that finished below did a number on him, once his tactics were well known.

The (very popular) king is dead, long live the king!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Clickbait

This isn't the Daily Mail. Bozza isn't desperate for clicks...
I misread that as ‘Bozza isn’t desperate for chicks’ - I’ll let @Bozza respond to that :lolol:

What a weird day it is. 😎

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here