Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Piglets Pantry

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I also voted for DarkStar and Harry's English Restaurant.

I've had two Steak and Ale pies from the WSU concourse and both have been piping hot and delicious. A layer of mustard on top of the crust and a pint of Kronenbourg to wash it down - couldn't be better!

A big step forward from a tray of undercooked chips and a bottle of coke at Withdean.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Would like to ask for a couple of minutes to vote for PP as Sussex Food Produces of the year. It requires you to sign up (I made a login in under a minute so shouldn't take long) once you've signed up it should take you straight to the voting page.

Piglets Pantry aren't a choice on the website so if you chose other and type in the name that would be of great help. Follow the link Sussex Food and Drink Awards 2010 | Supporting Sussex farmers and food producers businesses Would also like to add the first stages of the Balti pie have taken place so hopefully it's not long till we can get some testers out

Hi SB Seagull

Your original post noted.

I have to say the pies are excellent but, what is the means of heating at the Amex ? Some have been excellent and therefore appear to have been heated in a conventional oven but others appear to have been microwaved hence the pastry has been ? . The last one I had was rather tough pastry hence the question about the heating.

Can you enlighten us on what is going on and whether or not it is down to timing or even specific outlets.

Also, can you advise where we can buy pies in Shoreham now or wherever.

Best

Done,

But if you could pass on the comments regarding The Chicken and Air pie it would be great.

And hurry up with the Balti.

Ta.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Voted :thumbsup: Had a pie at each of the home games except Blackpool and I have laid the blame for Kevin Phillips two late goals completely on the lack of pie, the Chicken and Ham pie is probably the best pie I have had.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having become accustomed to the Steak & Gristle pies on offer at Withdean, these Piglet Pantry offerings really are a delight. Consumed my first at the SSC Final, and have eaten one, (either Steak & Ale, or Chicken & Ham) at every match since.

Two minor criticisms?, they are both a little on the salty side, although obviously thats down entirely to personal taste, and there is an alarming lack of gristle.

7 out of 10.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We made them two home games ago of what I know. They've asked to change the flavour every week which was Chicken and Sweetcorn at the Peterborough game.

Not a 'recipe' for success this, rotating your best 2 or 3 tried and tested ones would be better, after all it's quality and consistency that people want surely not a new untried taste. We all repeat what we every few weeks in our lives. Whoever suggested a 'new' one every match is clueless

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
They are tasty but I agree that some appear to be microwaved as I've had perfect pastry and I've had rubbery pastry.

Out of interest, what veggies/sauce is in the veggie one?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Voted. I've had two pies (steak and chicken), both have been perfectly cooked and really tasty!

On a side note, the Sussex Food Awards have stolen Daybreak's font...

Re: the chicken & ham pies.

They do seem so be deficient to the tune of some ham, but I haven't found that 'air' is the ham substitute - just more chicken. Which is fine by me.

The pies really are superb. They just are.

A play on words TLO. The pies are excellent but the ham seems to be missing, didn't stop me voting and certainly won't stop me buying further pies.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
What's the chances of making the Veggi pie Vegan?

Steak and ale is superb, even when taken home and consumed cold.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hi SB Seagull

Your original post noted.

I have to say the pies are excellent but, what is the means of heating at the Amex ? Some have been excellent and therefore appear to have been heated in a conventional oven but others appear to have been microwaved hence the pastry has been ? . The last one I had was rather tough pastry hence the question about the heating.

Can you enlighten us on what is going on and whether or not it is down to timing or even specific outlets.

Also, can you advise where we can buy pies in Shoreham now or wherever.

Best

They should all be cooked in these ovens which keep at an ideal temperature until ready to be served. Quote coming from the PP facebook page (direct words from Mrs P) "Thank you for the feedback to the fans at BHA, we will be at the next few matches to check on progress" Hopefully these visits to the next couple of games should help to find any problems out

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not a 'recipe' for success this, rotating your best 2 or 3 tried and tested ones would be better, after all it's quality and consistency that people want surely not a new untried taste. We all repeat what we every few weeks in our lives. Whoever suggested a 'new' one every match is clueless

More of a club choice unfortunately but will pass the comments on.

superpaw

Oct 18, 2008
Done. Love both the steak & ale and chicken & ham. Any news on where you'll be selling them now you don't have the shop in Shoreham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here