[Albion] Champions League 23/24 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
PSG not scoring tonight. Between them Milan and PSG have had about 50 shots vs Newcastle in the home matches but finished like absolute clowns. 7 big chances missed. Couple of great saves.

The narrative will be how amazing Newcastle have been but completely outplayed twice but awful finishing. Plus their one meaningful attack Donnaruma threw one to Izak with inexplicable attempt at save. Either catch or push wide.

Saudi beats Qatar.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Gutted we didn’t get livramento when we wanted him. He is going to be some player.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why don't PSG want to score? They seem to be doing everything to avoid it. If there's not a newcastle player they can kick it at, they just kick it off target. It's bizarre. You'd think they'd want to do a goal.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why don't PSG want to score? They seem to be doing everything to avoid it. If there's not a newcastle player they can kick it at, they just kick it off target. It's bizarre. You'd think they'd want to do a goal.

Just flashed up that PSG have had 23 attempts!

Jimmy Grimble

PSG have accumulated 3.09 xG. That’s ridiculous.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The commentators are raving about Newcastle. I can't understand it. They play absolutely rubbish and unattractive football. They are awful to watch and deserve nothing.
Large parts of the first half they were playing some great stuff.

PSG switched it up and have been making more use of the wings to great success and should now be winning, but for awful finishing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The commentators are raving about Newcastle. I can't understand it. They play absolutely rubbish and unattractive football. They are awful to watch and deserve nothing.
Scored more than us in the league (and conceded far fewer) - considering we've scored a fair few, they can't play too bad-a football to have scored more than us!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I don't like what Newcastle stand for either, but they've done a cracking job here so far. Utterly disciplined in the face of an onslaught. Yeah PSG should've scored a couple of times, Newcastle have ridden their luck big time, but with no real subs available these eleven have stood up magnificently.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Scored more than us (and conceded far fewer) - considering we've scored a fair few, they can't play too bad-a football to have scored more than us!
Well I have not watched a massive amount of games and those that I have watched, Newcastle have looked poor. Maybe I just don't like their 'style'.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You always knew it would happen.
So dull. Is it written in CL rules that Man city always have an incredibly dull/easy group? I swear they always have a piss-easy incredibly boring group. Never end up watching any of their group games!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Large parts of the first half they were playing some great stuff.

PSG switched it up and have been making more use of the wings to great success and should now be winning, but for awful finishing.
I only had half an eye on the first half so fair enough!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They won't score this penalty.

EDIT: Or they will. Then follow up with a good chance to win which will be headed wildly over the bar by someone who hasn't met a goal scoring opportunity he doesn't want to waste.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bad news for us if PSG drop down to the Europa League

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports