Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sums up RDZ season in the league. Boring football, hardly trouble opposing keeper - let in an easy chance. Look forward to a new season with a focussed manager
To be fair, we did force a few saves out of him in the first half when we were well on top.
I'm finding it impossible to be anything other than glad De Zerbi is going, the final 3rd of this season has been absolute dogshit a complete reversal of the previous two 3rds. Injuries are only part of the story, De Zerbi checked out in the New Year, thanks for Europe close the door on your way out mate.
I reckon his check out was around the time of that Fulham game when Lallana gave that odd post-match interview. Public slating of the squad around the same time can’t have done much for player morale either.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I watched on TV and thought Moder did well.
He did. Looked fairly comfortable at RB despite my misgivings before the game. Baleba, Barco the other two standouts. Webster and Adingra were decent. JP had an uncharacteristic off day, which is forgivable. Taking off Lallana, while probably a neccesity, ruined us. Ensico was hopeless.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
We need a couple of bruisers in midfield who are over 9st.That would be a good start. Then go from there.Get rid of gross, milner, lamptey, steele, maybe Webster, veltman and also the jury's out on ferguson. Someone who actually knows where the net is.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone else clock those dickheads who hung around at the end for the lap of honour trying to kick off with the stewards? Hope they’re struggling to get back to Surrey.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
On the bright side I thought Moder had a good game.
I will quote GP "you are never as good as they say you are and you are never as bad as they say you are"
It's not really a bright side though is it. He is borderline irrevelant. Yeah he didn't let down anyone today but he offers little. I know that's harsh but he's not getting in any PL teams bar the relegated ones. If he is the weakest player we field (would have been last year) then we're a pretty good team.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Did anyone notice Enciso at the end? Seemed a bit upset on the walk-round, is he off as well?
Didn't see that. Hopefully he was reflecting on his cameo sub appearance. Heard that Warren called him a headless chicken but that is being generous to him and unfair on a headless chicken. A monumental waste of space and made Lalanna look like Zidane in the time that he was on the field (a geriatric Zidane). In fact, Enciso looked like the player when he first got in the team. I want to other Julio back!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's not really a bright side though is it. He is borderline irrevelant. Yeah he didn't let down anyone today but he offers little. I know that's harsh but he's not getting in any PL teams bar the relegated ones. If he is the weakest player we field (would have been last year) then we're a pretty good team.
That's a clueless factless statement. IMO.

On form the man walked through ENGLANDS midfield and defence and scored a goal . . . On form he was one of our best midfielders for a few games, before that cruel injury . . . . . In a side that had the likes of Caicedo, MacAllister et all vying for a place.

He's finding his form and confidence and I think he's pretty much there . . . . It's not his fault he had to play RB, his better place is an attacking left MIdfield? . . . Gross has covered RB in the past , both get wrongly slated for being disciplined, co-operative, professional and capable of deputising in an emergency, without majot clangars.

it's been a bizarre season, but I sincerely hope Moder is with us next season.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That's a clueless factless statement. IMO.

On form the man walked through ENGLANDS midfield and defence and scored a goal . . . On form he was one of our best midfielders for a few games, before that cruel injury . . . . . In a side that had the likes of Caicedo, MacAllister et all vying for a place.

He's finding his form and confidence and I think he's pretty much there . . . . It's not his fault he had to play RB, his better place is an attacking left MIdfield? . . . Gross has covered RB in the past , both get wrongly slated for being disciplined, co-operative, professional and capable of deputising in an emergency, without majot clangars.

it's been a bizarre season, but I sincerely hope Moder is with us next season.
You're talking about factless statements and then you claim that Moder waked through England's midfield and defence. There's no fact in that. He tackled a defender, got the ball back in the area and finished it well. At no point did he take anyone on let alone the whole of the midfield and defence. At no point has he ever taken anyone on for that matter.

I sincerely hope Moder is not with us next season as he doesn't have a position. Maybe a new manager will find one for him because yes he finish THREE years ago was good. I think he will be here by virtue of the fact that no-one is taking him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You're talking about factless statements and then you claim that Moder waked through England's midfield and defence. There's no fact in that. He tackled a defender, got the ball back in the area and finished it well. At no point did he take anyone on let alone the whole of the midfield and defence. At no point has he ever taken anyone on for that matter.

I sincerely hope Moder is not with us next season as he doesn't have a position. Maybe a new manager will find one for him because yes he finish THREE years ago was good. I think he will be here by virtue of the fact that no-one is taking him.
Well. Versatility on it's own isn't a bad thing. I guess he'll play full back over not at all, but yes, he needs to find a position and be given a run there, whether for us or someone else.

I disagree with pretty much everything else you've said on this thread

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

FWIW I want Moder here next season, even if he’s not starting every game. He can tackle, he can pass, he can even finish on occasion. I see him as a multi-position utility player, rather as March used to be, and Milner is/was (tbc)

I’d be interested to see if/how an incoming coach used him tbh.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Well. Versatility on it's own isn't a bad thing. I guess he'll play full back over not at all, but yes, he needs to find a position and be given a run there, whether for us or someone else.

I disagree with pretty much everything else you've said on this thread
And I disagree with you for disagreeing with me (y)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
FWIW I want Moder here next season, even if he’s not starting every game. He can tackle, he can pass, he can even finish on occasion. I see him as a multi-position utility player, rather as March used to be, and Milner is/was (tbc)

I’d be interested to see if/how an incoming coach used him tbh.
Finish on occasion? He's never scored a goal for us though in 60 games? But yes, maybe a new manager can find a good place in a squad for him. I'd rather other players left before him tbh.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Man Utd were terrible and we still lost to them. A very disappointing end to an underwhelming season.
I agree with the first sentence and the beginning of the second but I certainly don't agree with the end of it! First experience in a European competition and topping the group of 'death' is the highlight of my Albion supporting life and I guess many others too.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Finish on occasion? He's never scored a goal for us though in 60 games? But yes, maybe a new manager can find a good place in a squad for him. I'd rather other players left before him tbh.

Our whole squad (especially in the second half of the season) could be accused of being goal shy, I’m not laying the blame for that at Moder’s door.

For me he’s back, he’s gained some fitness, and is looking a decent utility option. Next season may tell us if he has a position he can thrive in, as opposed to fill in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here