Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Birmingham Commonwealth Games

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really dont care .....cant stand him......................and hes from Dudley not Birmingham, he said that himself earlier,

It’s all the same area….like slade from Wolverhampton.

Looking forward to seeing Duran Duran after all this walking and waving bollocks.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It’s all the same area….like slade from Wolverhampton.

Looking forward to seeing Duran Duran after all this walking and waving bollocks.

I'm sure someone from Wolverhampton would be delighted to be described as a Brummy. :lolol:

Villa supporting relative said the Black Country is a shithole and Birmingham wants little to do with it (although it does seem to take ownership of the celebrities from those areas).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I'm sure someone from Wolverhampton would be delighted to be described as a Brummy. :lolol:

Villa supporting relative said the Black Country is a shithole and Birmingham wants little to do with it (although it does seem to take ownership of the celebrities from those areas).

I have a lot of family in the area. To be fair I think that says more about your Villa supporting relative than it does about the Black Country!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have a lot of family in the area. To be fair I think that says more about your Villa supporting relative than it does about the Black Country!

I can't confess I know much but I have been to Birmingham a few times,suffered homophobic abuse outside of St Andrews and was told on more than one occasion the city has more canals than Venice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't confess I know much but I have been to Birmingham a few times,suffered homophobic abuse outside of St Andrews and was told on more than one occasion the city has more canals than Venice.

Far canals?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

It’s actually a very friendly city but i appreciate there are also some idiots living there. I think it’s very tolerant of races and religions, a real melting pot with very little history of racial tension, but I would agree that it has a way to go on other areas of diversity.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:lolol:

Quality stuff from Lenny Henry introducing the nation of Dudley.

:lolol: :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
These opening ceremonies do come up with daft bollocks.

Yes, all very low budget. I liked the Malala bit but lost interest after that. Still, as long as they enjoyed it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes, all very low budget. I liked the Malala bit but lost interest after that. Still, as long as they enjoyed it.

In your opinion better or worse than London 2012?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I love the place, but that's because I've always known folk who lived there and have lost count of how many times I've visited. Three hours is the perfect journey length for an away match too (if you like a few wee tinnies)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, it's a regular greeting - 'Oi poof! - we've got more canals than Venice'. I think it comes up on the information screens in the Bullring now as well - and have you ever read the back of your tram ticket?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
GET THE FECK ON WITH IT

Bring on Duran Duran!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In your opinion better or worse than London 2012?

I was a bit torn on 2012 because of the money that was spent on it. But, forgetting that, it was very quirky and enjoyable. Very different to most others.

I think the rest of the world was a bit confused by it, mind. It was very... British.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Work with lots of the athletes on my charity project - so much to follow whilst promoting on social media how people can compete against the athletes to raise funds for good causes (or just have the thrill of the challenge).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here