Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSF. The Origins Of Casuals In Brighton.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

Be careful my old son. You might be ground sharing with Gillingham before long.

What contributions are you lot talking about on PikeyPalace.net? Memories of great Croydon night spots?

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
For those that used to go in Shades was it Front Bar, Back Bar or wine bar?

Maybe all three?

In between all three. Kick off always at Shades and then the usual Iditarod finishing in Busbys or Pink Coconut unless we were crashing a party.

There was a spot in Shades where all three connected bars. That was our spot.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Simple minds 'Love song' and 'Promised you a miracle' followed by Once upon a time album is missing from your list i beleive. :)

A thousand pardons. List not complete without Simple Minds ~ Especially New Gold Dream.

Can add plenty many more......but that was a major oversight.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was a lager swilling Busby's member, f***ing loved that place.
I remember when it first opened & we thought it was more classy than Tom's.....till the Pink Coconut started. What a shite name for a club in Brighton of all places! We nicknamed it the Red Mango, which developed into just "Mango's" or the "The Mango".

Anyone else own up to wearing a paisley shirt with the button done up to the collar? Probably bought from Reporter in Duke St. This was a bit later though, mid 80's.
yes i did, and with a gold belcher chain worn outside the shirt :lolol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
With obligatory Sovereign and/or Onyx ring from Elizabeth Duke too ? :blush:
i am pissing myself laughing, i was just about to say no, then i remembered i had a spanish peso ring that i wore on my little finger:laugh: with the paisley shirt, belcher chain and highlighted hair i cringe when i think of it now:laugh:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
i am pissing myself laughing, i was just about to say no, then i remembered i had a spanish peso ring that i wore on my little finger:laugh: with the paisley shirt, belcher chain and highlighted hair i cringe when i think of it now:laugh:

:eek:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
surely not in combo with your farah stay press?
no !! ocean pacific were a few years after that, do you remember lois jeans and jumbo cords, and the way we used to have a slit up the side of jeans, cut the bottoms off so they would fray ? also we used to have sewn in creases in jeans and farahs as well, its making me reallly nostalgic for the fashion, i may even wear my fila bj tracksuit top for the orient away game !!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
no !! ocean pacific were a few years after that, do you remember lois jeans and jumbo cords, and the way we used to have a slit up the side of jeans, cut the bottoms off so they would fray ? also we used to have sewn in creases in jeans and farahs as well, its making me reallly nostalgic for the fashion, i may even wear my fila bj tracksuit top for the orient away game !!

Creases in jeans ..... that's horrific ... says he who lived for much of the early eighties in Jeans, desert boots and Fred Perry's

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Shall we 'mob up' Bushy. One last fling. Infiltrate and Decimate!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In between all three. Kick off always at Shades and then the usual Iditarod finishing in Busbys or Pink Coconut unless we were crashing a party.

There was a spot in Shades where all three connected bars. That was our spot.

Saturdays before games the Mrs and I used to meet and then meet up with others in the Shades back bar, unless it was heaving and then we used to go to the wine bar.

We used to have pate and a chunk of french bread from the food counter with a pint of harveys....very nice.

Sunday evenings after the pictures in the afternoon we would go and sit in the wine bar......it was always dark with the light being from candles in bottles I seem to recall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here