Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why is it insulting to be called ladies

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe we should call them what they want to be called?

Why is it any of our business?

Hopefully the OP has had his curiosity sated, it seems like the answer as to why they don't like it is pretty consistent.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My club plays in the Premier League - they're known as Brighton & Hove Albion.
My club play in the WSL - they should be known as Brighton & Hove Albion.

No other identifiers required.

Apart from when the club emails you and you get all excited that we've just signed a Striker from Manchester United... then find out it's Sally Scorealot, you shout 'oh for f*cks sake' and then delete the email. :annoyed:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More woke bollocks. Just asked my wife if she has an issue with the term ladies and she said no, of course not. That is good enough for me

Always good to see a man do what he's told. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Finally* some common sense. The team themselves are currently referred to as woman’s want to be referred to as that but the man in charge wants to call them ladies, and being the man in charge gets his way.

*ok I’m only 4 pages into the thread, but so far it’s a lot of men complaining about women having an opinion on what they’d prefer to be called.

I am sure there are also some posts complaining about the phase out of leaded petrol, by men more angry (still) about the rounding up of prices after decimalization than they were even about the disappearance of the FA Cup money.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yeah, because we all LOVE those "Brighton & Hove Albion sign international striker" - oh, that Brighton & Hove Albion - headlines and subject headers.

:ffsparr: :ffsparr: :ffsparr:

Couldn’t give a flying **** about the BHA digital teams doing their job. There might even (very probably given Tony B’s vision) come a time when a WSL signing is very big news for BHA.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I love watching men’s fear out in the open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
There's nothing nowhere talking about a name change. Indeed, just a quick Google simply shows, at most, the CAFC page listing "Ladies' matches" in "CAFC Women's fixtures", so the club themselves don't even know - perhaps they haven't bothered to update that website placeholder since 2016? This whole 'story' is based on something extraordinarily manufactured to get clicks, stoke a 'culture war' or whatever, and we all fell for it.

Oooh doncha love a culture war issue as reported by our corrupt right-wing press - what could possibly be amiss here. It's funny how every British person used to yell "be polite" to all the youth - until it came to understanding Britishers who are a tiny bit different in some way to them and who might have different sensitivities? Then it's a massive "**** em"

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can’t comment particularly usefully on the difference between women’s and ladies. Expect they can choose what they want to be called I’d have thought. Makes no difference to most external folks so why not!

But on the topic of why teams in the women’s super league have to have a clarifying suffix, the regular ‘Brighton’ team could play a female if they wanted to I believe and she was registered correctly, however the teams in women’s super league cannot play a male player. I’m still kind of surprised an England ladies player hasn’t decided to join a team in the 8th-10th tier of the male game. I think they’d get better competition tbh (mainly due to depth of player base in the male game and less ability spread) and the only way to climb the ranks would be to go in and prove yourself. Yes would be some idiotic comments but expect most would be positive and no reason couldn’t climb up towards L2 type level I expect for a handful of players. Be a bit like when a younger male player goes out on loan. Yes more physical but if got used to that it could be a big advantage to take into the women’s international games and teams at those levels just like any other have a range of physicality in their squads but could certainly find a way to use a technically gifted player with the right coach and teammates.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's a dyke thing ...

A proportion of dykes insist on being women and not ladies - their partners can be ladies or bitches depending on who's got any trousers on at the time.

Very brave, probably none too sensible, but :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here