Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 96 15.0%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 164 25.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 24.9%

• Total voters

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I would like Amorim but never going to happen! Farioli would be interesting and a gamble but let's be honest who wouldn't be. I hear Fonseca touted alot for other clubs but dont know much about him. Rosenior is a few seasons to early and Martin can stay exactly where he is for me. Bloom and Barbs are running a business and won't go down the sentiment route and will do what they feel is right. Please remember the last 3 or 4 seasons guys and gals! If someone wants me to put a tenner on then I would go for ETH, NOT BECAUSE I WANT HIM...JUST BECAUSE THE ODDS WOULD BE GOOD!

I would like Amorim too, but am sceptical, it would be a very un-Brighton move.

Plus I fear he’d feel just as restricted by our squad/transfer policies as RDZ did.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I would not easily be able to cope with a return to dour Brummie, let us please not appoint Potter.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
McKenna would be decent however I can’t recall the last time a promoted manager to the prem jumped ship? Maybe one of the yo-yo teams but never in circumstances like these.

Will be someone from abroad, I’ll put my money on that but not super convinced it’s anyone whose already been linked

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would love to nick Iraola off of Bournemouth, if only because it'd be very very funny.

I think Amorim will have set his sights higher than us, also if he started well I think he'd be poached instantly considering what he's done at Sporting

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would love to nick Iraola off of Bournemouth, if only because it'd be very very funny.

I think Amorim will have set his sights higher than us, also if he started well I think he'd be poached instantly considering what he's done at Sporting
Bmuff have a bigger budget than us. No chance. They have overtaken us on the pitch unfortunately.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How about this guy. Did a good job at osasuna, quit in march, tapped up ?

Jagoba Arrasate, 45, Osasuna

In an age where football managers are expected to take centre stage in the media, deliver catchy one-liners and embellish their reputations as if their lives depended on it, Arrasate represents something of an antidote. The understated Basque rarely sets news conferences alight or engages in "mind games" with his colleagues, preferring to go about his business quietly, focusing on his work at the training ground rather than creating headlines.

Having taken over Osasuna in 2018, Arrasate immediately gained promotion back to the top tier and since then the Pamplona outfit have never finished below 11th. Last season's seventh place represents the club's best result in 11 years, plus Arrasate led them to the Copa del Rey final.

Perhaps more importantly, though, during his five-year tenure the respected 45-year-old has managed to build a proper Osasuna DNA: a high-pressing, aggressive side that is arguably the most direct in LaLiga.

Wouldn't mind a bit more direct footy !

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Bmuff have a bigger budget than us. No chance. They have overtaken us on the pitch unfortunately.

Ha, that is complete bullshit.

We finished above them despite Europe and all of the injuries.

Can't see how they'd be PSR compliant if they keep on spending like they did last summer without big sales. They had a great mid-season run because they had kind fixtures and have a good manager, that's all. We are still a step up. I don't think we'd actually go in for him but if you think Bournemouth have a bigger pull than us at the moment I feel sorry for you

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I still don't get the potter in camp. Seriously, look at his record. Yes he got us to 9th, but that last game we could have finished 13th, a lot of luck on the last day glossed over the fact he went on a 14 home game streak without a win, 1 win the a whole year at home, 3 months without scoring at home, 3 whole months without a win. Then he slithered off taking half the staff with him.
Potter transformed the club from flirting with relegation to top ten. I don’t think you can forget what he has done at Brighton; we wouldn’t be where we are today without him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would like Amorim too, but am sceptical, it would be a very un-Brighton move.

Plus I fear he’d feel just as restricted by our squad/transfer policies as RDZ did.
Didn't I read that Amorim to Liverpool didn't happen because his chairman wanted €20m to release him? I was entertained that he was in the betting for us, but I'd agree that he's not a realistic option.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I second that, Brighton born and bred, ex Albion, supported us as a kid at the Goldstone, favours possession football, understands the clubs philosophy and background, ambitious young manager success in the lower leagues.

But why is he unpopular with the majority of Saints fans? That would worry me

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think our manager recruitment will be on the same lines as our player algorithm. We will look to appoint an up and coming coach prepared to work with our model who hopes to impress so they can move on to bigger and better things.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The fact I can't even remember the guy's name tells you this is a non-starter, but I'll say it anyway: I was really impressed with how AEK were set up against us in both games and thought afterwards "that manager has tactical nous".

No idea how the rest of their season went, but I was impressed with what I saw.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
The fact I can't even remember the guy's name tells you this is a non-starter, but I'll say it anyway: I was really impressed with how AEK were set up against us in both games and thought afterwards "that manager has tactical nous".

No idea how the rest of their season went, but I was impressed with what I saw.
Finished second in the regular season, one point behind PAOK; in the playoffs, lost out on the title by two points, again to PAOK. Would have been their 14th overall and second consecutive title.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
  • Graham Potter I would welcome him back but would it be a retrograde move for the club​

• Kieran McKenna probably the best fit but would he want to leave the team he has built plus it would be a terrible thing to do the Ipswich fans as we know when Potter left.​

• Rob Edwards Just relegated with Luton not sure his style suits ours​

• Vincent Kompany possible choice plays open exciting football but were his Burnley players just not good enough​

• Steve Cooper seems an honest sort think he would be ok​

• Kjetil Knutsen I know nothing at all about him as such seems the perfect fit​

• Liam Rosenior would love him back here but to soon sadly​

• Adam Lallana no as manager but yes in a coaching role​

• Gareth Southgate no no no​

• Sami Hyypia what ever happened to him​

• Mark McGhee sadly his time came and went​

• Micky Adams he’s not a well man these days otherwise definitely​

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Potter transformed the club from flirting with relegation to top ten. I don’t think you can forget what he has done at Brighton; we wouldn’t be where we are today without him.
But recognising what he has done in the past isn't the same as wanting him to come back

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
But recognising what he has done in the past isn't the same as wanting him to come back
True, but I know what he has done in the past at Brighton so I would trust him if he did come back unlike the other managers listed who have much less experience. I don’t care about the manner he left the club.

Last edited:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Paulo Fonseca - used to developing/trusting young players and having his best sold, worked in a few different countries (something Barber said they liked about RDZ) and had a better record at Shakhtar than Roberto. Plus his contract at Lille is up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here