Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 96 15.0%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 164 25.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 24.9%

• Total voters

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I did check. 12 GCSE’s and an A’level in Latin always seem to get mentioned.

Although his media fanboys airbrush out the bit that he went to a famous independent school.
As far as I can tell, it's 12 GCSE's including an A in Latin.

Obviously most people who don't go to famous independent schools don't get the option to do GCSE Latin even if they'd be interested. I know for a fact Tideway didn't offer that. :lolol:

I checked on Wikipedia, it cites this website which doesn't look any more trustworthy to be honest. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have any A-levels (which require, you know, some sort of actual effort) at all. I'm happy to be corrected on that if anybody can find actual evidence.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As far as I can tell, it's 12 GCSE's including an A in Latin.

Obviously most people who don't go to famous independent schools don't get the option to do GCSE Latin even if they'd be interested. I know for a fact Tideway didn't offer that. :lolol:

I checked on Wikipedia, it cites this website which doesn't look any more trustworthy to be honest. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have any A-levels (which require, you know, some sort of actual effort) at all. I'm happy to be corrected on that if anybody can find actual evidence.

We got an all round education in life, navigating the thugs occupying the corridor through C block (Caen to you youngsters) and having to fight in the field beyond A block in front of a baying mob. Against all odds, through natural talent alone, we did alright.

But we’ll never have Fat Frank’s happy demeanour.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In the interests of accuracy, and because I'm fed up with his academic record being raised more seriously than this, it was a GCSE not an A-level.

I have an A* GCSE in Chemistry. I know and knew nothing about Chemistry.
I’m not surprised, they practically gift wrapped GCSE’s for you youngsters, now GCE’s aka O Levels were the real deal , I got a C in Pottery, a course where i spent the entire 4 years making weapons to use against Stringer and Ash Trays

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We got an all round education in life, navigating the thugs occupying the corridor through C block (Caen to you youngsters) and having to fight in the field beyond A block in front of a baying mob. Against all odds, through natural talent alone, we did alright.

But we’ll never have Fat Frank’s happy demeanour.
Happiness is the mark of the poorly/expensively educated. :thumbsup::lolol:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’m not surprised m, they practically gift wrapped GCSE’s for you youngsters, now GCE’s aka O Levels were the real deal , I got a C in Pottery, a course where i spent the entire 4 years making weapons to use against Stringer and Ash Trays
At least I learnt there wouldn't be an apostrophe in GCSEs. Or GCEs. :lolol:

I got a C in DT Resistant Materials AKA woodwork. My cupboard was f***ing bombproof but alas the flimsy plastic door couldn't resist my teacher's uninvited efforts at power sanding the f***ing thing.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Eddie Howe. Rarely works out going back to past manager and quite honestly was alarming see those suggested names. Adam L could be a stop gap as I respect him just doubt he has the coaching experience required at this level. Anyway all a bit pointless isnt it as it will be somebody from South America, South Africa or the Antarctic that no one has heard of but he will do a great job. Sorted!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If I can be arse to find the best odds I'll be putting a fiver on Michael Carrick.

mcleo-d

May 4, 2024
In close season ?
Milner just renewed for a year whilst still injured. He’s been out for nearly half a season and is a risk as an older player. I’m just playing out the existing scenarios.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a pivot in the coaching style as RDZ hasn’t kept a consistently strong squad. It’s been fun though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2090.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here