The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I went to Stringer, to Stringer, to Stringer
Got taught by Piggy Watson, and Shepherd and Catchpole
I did physics and English and History
I got a C, a C, a C

Actually, never mind that. Just having a conversation with a bloke at work who went to Dorothy Stringer (albeit five years before me) from 1982 to 1986 and got taught by maths by a tubby bloke, mid-50s at the time - brilliant teacher, mind - his wife was also a teacher there (she taught English, I think).

Anyone help with his name? I'm stuck. Ta.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, I'd heard he died.

Not as tragic as Mr Lewis (the nutcase physics and chemistry teacher). :(

Yeah, poor Mr Lewis. What a top bloke. I bet teachers there now don't greet pupils with, "Alright, how's your hammer hangin'?"

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yeah, I'd heard he died.

Not as tragic as Mr Lewis (the nutcase physics and chemistry teacher). :(

Indeed. Both were my brothers teachers, Mr Lewes taught me for one lesson, it was a unique experience. One lad made a chicken noise during class, so to make a fool of him, Mr Lewis made him walk up and down S block mimicking a chickens actions whilst clucking, all the while Mr Lewis stood there shouting "Louder chicken boy". Bizarre

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'Any potential terrorists out there? Baader-Meinhoff? IRA? Right, I'm gonna show you have to blow things up with nitrogen and potassium. Try it out on the VIth formers first, so pay attention, and we'll have some fun...'

When he got bored, he just go on about Miss Usher's arse.

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
Great Days at Stringer

Mr Comptom was another mad one
Miss Hyton was the eye candy
Mr Dudson was the metalwork and stand in PE teacher with attitude
& who could forget Games with Mr Marchant & Mr Best

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Does anybody know the story of why Mr Lewis was hunched over?

Car crash I believe, there were stories that he'd lost his wife etc etc but it might have been playground talk. I had him for 2 years, one of the brightest teachers ever, used to eat banana sandwiches and COULD NOT STAND Hickman. He loved me because he once said does anyone know how long it takes light to reach the earth from the sun and I knew it was 8 seconds (or there about's) He did however make me colour in every other square on graph paper once

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Compton slammed me against a wall for "being cheeky" while lining up in S block. Hated him. Under the current nanny state rules he would be suspened and sacked for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports