Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just finished John Barclay's autobiography, Life Beyond the Airing Cupboard. As you'd expect, there's lots about Sussex in it. What I did find strange is the death of his wife is described in a few sentences, he spends more time talking about an over bowled in Eton v Harrow match in the 60s. I supposed that's the public school, stiff-upper-lip for you. Still, an engaging read and does nothing to damage his reputation as one of the nicest men in sport.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Trainspotting - Irvine Welsh,

Been having a bit of an Irvine binge in recent months, previous two have been Filth and The Acid House.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Was bought The Big Midweek by Steve Henley in February and only just got round to reading it. It tells of his time in The Fall and is absolutely superb.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The Penguin Atlas of Ancient History
more of a study than a read
found in a secondhand book shop 50p printed in 1967
boring I know but interesting to me

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
just finished one of the best and funniest books i have ever read..........It's called ''Look who's back'' Absolutely hillarious

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Now that would be worth a read.

Strongly recommend it. Got to the time when they were working with Michael Clark which I saw in London. Thought there would be a fair bit of M E Smith slagging off but its more about the other members of the band and Henley himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta feel sorry for the lad in my LBS (Local Book Shop)

I went in today and my brain went completely blank.
I couldn't think of the author or any of his books, even though I've read 2 and seen 2 other films of his work.

I ended up saying:-

'Have you got the latest book by the fella who isn't Louis Theroux'?

We got there in the end.
I figured in light of recent lion related news stories I should read

so-youve-been-publicly-shamed-9780330492287.jpg

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anybody else trying to tackle any of this year's Man Booker Prize longlist selection? I'm about halfway through the list of 13 books and been hugely disappointed with all bar a couple of books so far. Would be interested to know anyone else's views. On the basis of what I've read, Tom McCarthy's 'Satin Island' is clearly the one deserving the prize but given some of the dross that the judges chose and some of the books they rejected (Kazuo Ishiguro's 'The Buried Giant' for instance) I don't think McCarthy will be winning the award.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Gotta feel sorry for the lad in my LBS (Local Book Shop)

I went in today and my brain went completely blank.
I couldn't think of the author or any of his books, even though I've read 2 and seen 2 other films of his work.

I read his Psychopath book a couple of weeks back. Very interesting. There are a couple of posters on here that I suspect would get a high score on the Hare Scale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here