Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ok bear with me because this is a kids book, so recommended for anyone with young teens, but also a very clever and amusing story. Read it as a teen story of rebellion, or as an adult with a wry look at the weird transformation that occurs in the early teens.

Local author with some local references (Shoreham Airshow) - recommended

51HyTTPOo8L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*Life of Pi
*Millenium Trilogy
*Alan Hansens - Matter of opinion
*I am the secret footballer
*Jessica Ennis - Unbelievable.

All finished within the last month and a half (it's winter after all) , Working my way through Bradley Wiggins autobiography.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Family Corleone by Ed Falcao. Good, but not as good as the Godfather,better than the two previous spin offs tho

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Rule and Ruin: The Downfall of Moderation and the Destruction of the Republican Party, From Eisenhower to the Tea Party (Studies in Postwar American Political Development)

Attachments

• rule%20and%20ruin.jpg
    rule%20and%20ruin.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 67

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'm reading :-

Unapologetic by Francis Spufford
Faith in the public square by Rowan Williams
Look to Windward by Iain M Banks
Dune by Frank Herbert

Amongst other things, some of which I have just got bored with.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The Sorrow of War by Bao Ninh - A novel on the psychological affects of the Viet Nam war by a soldier who fought on the North Vietnamese side. Very interesting hearing about the war from the other side, seeing as the Americans have somewhat monopolised the writings on the period.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Just finished the Sancti and The Key by Simon Toyne, religious, historical thriller, can't wait for the third part in April

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Metamorphoses by Ovid.

And it's bloody hard going and I can't wait to finish it.

For light relief I am rereading hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series.....99p for kindle at Christmas....on book 2... Restaurant at the end of the universe.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Hypnotist. Swedish thriller. Good so far.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Seventy Two Virgins by Boris Johnson - very good so far. Mrs KZN has just finished When God was a Rabbit which she enjoyed.

Also read another David Walliams book - Gangsta Granny. Very silly and good fun.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just read 'The 100 Year Old Man'. A good novel and slightly odd but amusing black comedy about an old boy who escapes from his OAPs home and goes on a sort of accidental crime spree. The are some remarkable flashbacks to world events that occurred during his life. It would make a great film.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just finished Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel. I was not expecting to enjoy them as they are (a) historical novels and (b) about royalty - but I would recommend them.

They are written in the style of Parades End - from the perspective of a remarkable man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here