Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just got the Mullery and the Smith autobiographies for my birthday, so shortly it will be those.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
'Tales from the Boot Camps' by Steve Claridge

and

'Second Skin' by Eric Lustbader

Footie anecdotes and pure escapism respectively :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've just finished reading Dead Tomorrow by the brilliant Peter James.
I love his books, not least because of the local settings.

BUT I was disappointed in this book, not because of the book itself, but because the whole story was virtually given away in the synopsis on the back cover of the paperback. I recommend you read the book, but for God's sake don't read the back cover beforehand.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Recently finished the excellent Booker winner The White Tiger and am now getting my chops around If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

BUT I was disappointed in this book, not because of the book itself, but because the whole story was virtually given away in the synopsis on the back cover of the paperback. I recommend you read the book, but for God's sake don't read the back cover beforehand.

I've read all his books to date, and they are all a superb read. The fact that they are all based around Brighton/Sussex make them more enjoyable, and the story-lines are superb.:thumbsup:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

I am a big fan of Peter James , but I thought this was not one of his best. A bit cliched and predictable.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. I have been working my way through some of his books over the last 6 months and he manages to throw up perspectives that can surprise even a world weary old cynic like me

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Read them all. It's mostly the local factor that makes them a good read.
Try Graham Hurley, does the same thing for Portsmouth (yes I know) but there is a bit more with the back stories and sub plots. You will enjoy them if you like Peter James. Up to date there are 10 of them, start with Turnstone, they are in an overall developing story.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The Butt by Will Self. Not too sure about it, though.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good shout, read all of his, very good books and plots.
Just reading the latest Mark Billingham, they are good too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here