Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 12-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like kids

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Sep 1, 2010
nanna.jpg

Seriously ... it depends upon the kid and the parents. Young children can be delightfully innocent and that can be lovely. As they grow, they can become delightfully knowing. That can be just as lovely. If they've been got at by stupid parents, the loveliness wears off - at any age.

Second question, though ... what is this "loveliness" of which you speak?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kids develop their behaviour thanks to the adults around them. Be it good or bad they tend to take their attitudes into adult life. When a child is at his or her best can't really be quantified as there are too many factors involved to say.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
3-5. Once they've stopped with the constant crying but haven't yet learnt to be obnoxious little gits.

I can see myself turning into my dad of being really intolerant and irritable when it comes to kids :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Every age has it's lovely points. Personally I'll never forget when my then 2 year old pointed at a bee and called it a Bum Bum Bee ( Bumble Bee for those not up on toddler speak ! ).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Brilliant!! Our son called a centipede a Penelope the other day :lol:

:lolol: When my eldest son was in reception they were going to do a nativity play and each child was asked what part they wanted to play. My sons friend said he wanted to be the radiator !!!! It was only after the teacher had explained there wasn't a radiator at the birth of Christ that it dawned on the staff he meant narrator :facepalm:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
:lol: Seems the nativity creates all kinds of interesting questions :lol: One of the teachers at our sons school was pregnant at the time of their nativity play. When she asked him what he thought she should call her baby our son said (as if she'd asked a stupid question) "Jesus, all babies are called Jesus!"..

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Definitely 3-5, they are still innocent and come up with so many things that make you laugh. My son around 3 at the time, told my wfe "I want be sick" she rushed to get a bowl and put it under his chin. He looked at her as though she was mad. It turned out he meant he wanted a biscuit.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
The box for all ages is missing - 3-5 is a great time, mine are now 8 and 11, still love every minute I spend with them, they are now articulate and helpful (i.e. my daughter will go and get me a beer when my glass is empty!), and my son is knowlegable about football and going to accompany me to the amex nest season (he already has about 30 games under his belt). I think the transition to teens may be difficult but ultimately it is the way you bring them up.

When are they nicest and most appealing ?

Probably older than 2 because they are developing and expressive with some character, and perhaps younger than 7, which is when they are likely to be talking back and trying out boundaries with more intent.

3-5, but then everything depends on their upbringing by then too.

Of course if their your own kids, one might hope you'll always find them lovely.
Some other people's sprogs are never particularly charming though.

Last edited:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I'm so glad Danny Seagull hasn't appeared on this thread!!!!

Seriously tho' - I have the privilege of teaching the cutest Korean kids of all ages and I'd say at age 6-7 they are wonderfully fun and exasperating and essentially life-confirming.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As others have said, each age has its good points and bad points. Equally there are plenty of adults (or supposedly adult) who should be seen and not heard and, in some cases not seen at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here