Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We lost yeh, but....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Still think shirt swapping at the end Is Tinpotty though. It's a practice we should stop. Am I the only one to think this?

It's as inevitable for lower-league players in the Cup as the half-and-half scarves are for some supporters.

It'll only stop when the Albion play Arsenal twice a season regularly.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well played the lads today poyet made the wrong sub as leonardo was playing well and Barnes wasn't in the game second half

Yeah...apart from providing the cross of the match for our second goal. Useless Barnes :ffsparr:
You could see Leo was knackered. He hasn't played this year!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bridcutt

£15m price tag after today's performance. He is truly the best holding midfielder I have ever seen at our club, and I have seen many many of them.

TNBA

TTF

With Man United paying £15M for Winifred , that is a fair valuation.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well played the lads today poyet made the wrong sub as leonardo was playing well and Barnes wasn't in the game second half

Ulloa was knackered.

He hasn't played regularly all season and 70 mins against Premiership opposition is a significant step change from what he's been doing.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ulloa was absolutely shattered you could see that a mile off
which is why IMHO he was taken off.
The lad will be immense for us and score a lot of goals.
We matched Arsenal in every way today and we should
all be very very proud to be Albion fans especially today.
Well done lads you were bloody brilliant !!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I watched the game on a stream at uni. Standard student behaviour. Thought we looked good, very even game. Greer going off, Buckley as well affected us. Both very important. Giroud put in a classy show and so did Ulloa for us. Wilshire turned the game in their favour. Think we need more CB cover but I believe with a few signings we could cope in the prem.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Phil McNulty, BBC Sport chief football writer at the AMEX Stadium
Brighton 2-3 Arsenal
"Brighton 2 Arsenal 3 at full-time. Superb game and great credit to Brighton -

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Strange comments. Ulloa was tired, and Barnes not only provided a peach of a ball for his goal, but also won a header from a Arsenal throw, which then provided the basis for another attack. Also took one for the team for the tackle on the edge of the box.

I thought he, and, in fact, all of the team played brilliantly today, considering the competition. Bridcutt was immense; Hammond had a good game; Ulloa looks like a great signing already; Spanish Dave did well, and, even though he will cop it on here, Casper made some decent saves. If it hadn't been for him, it could have been a lot worse. And let's face it, he's not had a massive amount of game time recently.

Very proud to be an Albion fan tonight, and looking forward to the rest of the season even more if we perform like that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Selfishly don't care as could not have made 5th round anyway but we played pretty well and certainly had them worried at times.

rauper

Jan 9, 2007
Hove
Ulloa signalled to Poyet that he wanted to come off, and when he sat down he was holding his left thigh (although waved away medical attention). I don't think it's a proper injury but he was definitely ready to come off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here