Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Looks like City have hijacked him with a far better offer😪
Yep, there has been a lot of talk that the easiest way to get hold of Blooms analytical algorithm is to simply keep a track on us and out bid on people we are in talks with. Unfortunately our success in this area has been noticed and the realisation that it is not a matter of luck has brought in the leaches.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Yep, there has been a lot of talk that the easiest way to get hold of Blooms analytical algorithm is to simply keep a track on us and out bid on people we are in talks with. Unfortunately our success in this area has been noticed and the realisation that it is not a matter of luck has brought in the leaches.
The problem is the difficulty in keeping anything secret in the social media age. Plus the incentive for a player's agent to let it be known that Brighton are interested. Wages and commission will always be higher at Chelsea, City etc., so I guess it’s in the agent’s interest to leak the news. My hope is that players will realise they’re unlikely to actually play much, or any, first team football at these clubs, and decide they’d rather work with RDZ and get into the first team much more easily at Brighton.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
My hope is that players will realise they’re unlikely to actually play much, or any, first team football at these clubs, and decide they’d rather work with RDZ and get into the first team much more easily at Brighton.
Even if we do convince them to come to us being stalked by the leaches means the price will get hiked.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
But soon you will see Albion in "negotiations" with 50 players in each South American country as clubs and players try to bump up their value . Or TB introducing a non disclosure clauses during negotiations.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sounds like a guy that will end up like another of our supposed left back targets (Sergio Gomez). Makes himself and his hangers-on richer but won't get a sniff of playing PL.

Dec 29, 2011
None yet - because they hadn't cottoned on to the fact that we were identifying wonderkids and signing them up cheaply. Now they know that's what we do, they'll be investigating every youngster we show an interest in and looking to gazump us. More money - more likely to sign. It really isn't rocket science!
And in terms of their ambitions, why bother with the middle man when they can go straight to their dream team of Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United or wherever?
You've clearly never played poker, luckily our Tony has. If a club is just signing all of our talent, we just make 50% of our potential signings 'duds' and let City sign them once the rumour gets out.

It's like balancing a hand, if you're always showing winning hands you throw in a few bluffs.

Stumpy Tim

To think that Premier League clubs are just gazumping us is ridiculous. A lot of work goes into tracking players, including contact with the selling club and agents. For example, it's been reported that Man City have been tracking this lad for a couple of years. He's one of Argentina's biggest prospects - of course other clubs will know about him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You've clearly never played poker, luckily our Tony has. If a club is just signing all of our talent, we just make 50% of our potential signings 'duds' and let City sign them once the rumour gets out.

It's like balancing a hand, if you're always showing winning hands you throw in a few bluffs.
Yes, I know that. Nonetheless, clubs will now be alert for who we are signing, and will quickly start investigting them for themselves. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to just sign them without doinhg some research.
The difference is that not so long ago nobody gave a toss about us signing an unheard of youngster and loaning them out to USG or Beerschott, and we could just get on with it. Now, clubs will be watching, with a view to gazumping rather than payng £100M in a couple of years. Poker you say? If you can't see this, perhaps you'd best avoid it! I certainly do!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
But the process is designed to meet the needs only of our club and currently and specifically RDZ. Cucurella is a prime example. Perfect for Potter at Brighton, but £63m wasted by Chelsea.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The problem is the difficulty in keeping anything secret in the social media age.
Yes, most notably lies, unfounded gossip, etc, etc exaggerated by sad people who live for clicks and like to look/feel that they are in the know.

I bet TB, PB and all the serious negotiators rely on hard facts and “use” social media to suit

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Ahh well.. on to the next unknown pool of talented players. I hope we unearth the 'New Messi' from someplace like Papa New Guinea next, that would really throw a curve ball to the rest of those chancers in the Prem'.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I don’t think it’s that complicated. Both Brighton and City were interested for a while, we’re not the only club looking at the brightest prospects in Latin America.

Brighton make a bid, the agent calls City and says “do you want to get in on this, nows the time”, and they do so they outbid.

It’s not some social media conspiracy theory, other clubs have targets, scouts and data too.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Yes, but every knows ONLY Brighton are allowed to sign talented young South Americans in the under £10m bracket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here