Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Very odd that we didn’t just go in at the release clause if it’s 10m. But the club knows what they are doing I guess. Answers the question about the loan back (we would leave him there till December like Ali Mac).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would we often have a first bid accepted? I expect not. It’s part of the negotiation process, surely.
It’s just that we often won’t hear about the different bids if it isn’t a high profile player.
Enciso first bid was rejected I do know that.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Would we often have a first bid accepted? I expect not. It’s part of the negotiation process, surely.
It’s just that we often won’t hear about the different bids if it isn’t a high profile player.
Enciso first bid was rejected I do know that.
If your first bid is accepted, then you might have offered too much!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I've got really excited about this one.
He looks like the real deal to me. 6 months back at Boca and he'll be electric second half of the season.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
From the Twitter Argentina reports, it sounds like City are in a strong position and also happy to leave him at Boca until January.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Activating the release clause puts everything in the players' hands. Going below it gives the selling team leverage. I'd imagine we're trying to negotiate to a) get the player but also b) ensure the club are happy with the offer they get and c) ensure we have a good future relations. This sort of thing isn't probably as clear cut as we might think.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Activating the release clause puts everything in the players' hands. Going below it gives the selling team leverage. I'd imagine we're trying to negotiate to a) get the player but also b) ensure the club are happy with the offer they get and c) ensure we have a good future relations. This sort of thing isn't probably as clear cut as we might think.
Not if City have activated it as reports suggest.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Not if City have activated it as reports suggest.
Nothing to stop us putting a package together that eclipses the clause long term. I.e. £8.5 + 20%... Puts seller in a better position, costs us less up-front and we have less risk. A clause means nothing if the player doesn't want to move. Negotiations are fun!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nothing to stop us putting a package together that eclipses the clause long term. I.e. £8.5 + 20%... Puts seller in a better position, costs us less up-front and we have less risk. A clause means nothing if the player doesn't want to move. Negotiations are fun!
Why would we do that though? Any other club activating the release clause automatically gets to talk to him. So it might be better for Boca if we offer 9.75million plus 400 million in add ons but it won't change that fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here