Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Racism was lurking under the Brexit blanket. General election blanket being pulled back revealing the true toxic nature of the current Tory Party.
I think you have that ɓang on. Sadly there is a rump of the UK electorate that are, and always have been, racist. It would explain the 20% ish that still plan to vote Tory despite the shambles of the last 14 years. For them there has to be someone to blame, be it the EU, migrants, and now UK ethnic minorities.. its really out in the open.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Racism was lurking under the Brexit blanket. General election blanket being pulled back revealing the true toxic nature of the current Tory Party.

Not everyone who voted for Brexit was racist, however everyone who was racist voted Brexit.

And after 5 years of this incompetent corrupt cabal 'getting Brexit done' and the facts becoming blindingly obvious, those who were lied to backed off, leaving those dregs as the only votes left for them to chase :shrug:

Who could have possibly seen this coming ???

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I think you have that ɓang on. Sadly there is a rump of the UK electorate that are, and always have been, racist. It would explain the 20% ish that still plan to vote Tory despite the shambles of the last 14 years. For them there has to be someone to blame, be it the EU, migrants, and now UK ethnic minorities.. its really out in the open.

There is a silver lining to that though. The Conservative Party in it’s current form has finally stood up and stated their position.

They are the party of racism, they’d like to see far fewer brown faces around the place, this is their position and they’re standing by it.

It will let us know exactly how many are comfortable with this and will continue to vote for it, and separate them from those of us who feel that this is inherently wrong.

I don’t expect the Conservatives to lose the next election by nearly as significant a margin as you might think they should.

Even if Labour do win the next election, I believe that I may feel very depressed at the state of my country after the next election, if the Conservatives retain more than 10% of the vote (which they will)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The RAF do it?

Hang on, they exist to protect our nations defence. They're not a taxi service to be used to protect the narrow electoral interests of the Conservative Party.
Totally agree and apart from anything else they need to ready themselves for the inaugural flight of Sir Kierforceone call sign ‘Rodney’ apparently 👍

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
425298200_10159314762921431_7518329891981871187_n.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tory’s now clearly desperately grasping for the Gammony Thicket votes.

Anyone dumb enough to vote for them because they are a racist party would have voted for them anyway. So it’s not like it’s going to claim any floating voters.

The Tory’s are a nasty, racist, elite, cabal and the people that vote for them are idiots.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Tory’s now clearly desperately grasping for the Gammony Thicket votes.

Anyone dumb enough to vote for them because they are a racist party would have voted for them anyway. So it’s not like it’s going to claim any floating voters.

The Tory’s are a nasty, racist, elite, cabal and the people that vote for them are idiots.
Do love a return of the 'cabal' word, been sorely missed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Jeremy Hunt’s financial planning is “dubious” and “lacks credibility” and the chancellor should not announce tax cuts in next week’s budget if he cannot lay out how he will fund them, an economic thinktank has said.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) calculates that Hunt would need to find £35bn of cuts from already threadbare public services if he plans to use a Whitehall spending freeze to pay for pre-election giveaways.
The IFS, the BOM, the OBR all part of the woke anti growth coalition holding back global 🇬🇧

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I must say I do smirk whenever I see the Arse playing at home on the telly.

Visit Rwanda.

Come and see how your terrorists are doing.

Mate.
My train of thought was that given the Rwandan gov are making £millions from this then it is likely they will use their state owned airline if other airlines refuse

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My train of thought was that given the Rwandan gov are making £millions from this then it is likely they will use their state owned airline if other airlines refuse
Why would they bother? They make their millions regardless of actually receiving anyone. the current situation is utterly perfect for them.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Post Office is 'dead duck' and 'money pit' for taxpayers which should be sold off to Amazon for £1, Bates tells MPs

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The defender of all faiths?

I'm not sure they need defending.

Protected by law to prattle on, providing they don't defame other faiths. Tick.

Required to pay taxes. They ain't charities. They are businesses. Tick.

And kept out of decision making. f*** off out of the House of Lords. You have no right in there. Tick.

Defended.
I think it was "Defender of Faith" ie that he would, as King, defend everybody's right to practice their own faith. I thought this was paving the way for us to become a more tolerant and inclusive society.

But then he made his Coronation speech and he was banging on about Protestantism and his "Protestant heirs" and it was like listening to Ian Paisley in the 1970s.

If Brian had wanted to change society's views on religious tolerance, he had the stage to do it. And blew it.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think it was "Defender of Faith" ie that he would, as King, defend everybody's right to practice their own faith. I thought this was paving the way for us to become a more tolerant and inclusive society.

But then he made his Coronation speech and he was banging on about Protestantism and his "Protestant heirs" and it was like listening to Ian Paisley in the 1970s.

If Brian had wanted to change society's views on religious tolerance, he had the stage to do it. And blew it.
Didn't he make a point of having representatives from different faiths there?
I think I had it on in the background while I was picking my nose or something, so the images made more impression on me than anything they were actually droning on about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I wonder what Yvonne and Brenda would have made of it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Liz Truss made her remarks about having been hobbled by transgender and environmental activists in the civil service at a US event also attended by controversial rightwing figures, it has emerged.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You can tell things are bad for the Tories when Iain Dale is talking sense

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Liz Truss made her remarks about having been hobbled by transgender and environmental activists in the civil service at a US event also attended by controversial rightwing figures, it has emerged.
She basically stuck ists on the end of every group she doesn’t agree with and said it was them wot dun it. Not, of the course the person that came up with and implemented the genius plan in the first place. 🤡

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here