Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A trade union is considering legal action to halt the government’s latest Rwanda deportation plan as leaked Home Office documents show asylum seekers could delay removals for a year by pursuing their own individual claims.

The Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS), which represents Border Force guards among other civil servants, said it planned to challenge Rishi Sunak’s safety of Rwanda bill, if it passes into law, on the grounds it is unconstitutional.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sir Starmer has the whole thing covered, next year can't come quickly enough.
Given the context of your previous political comments, I speculate that is another example of your poor skill in the use of irony. Please feel free to endorse with a thumbs up or make out an alternative case if you are willing and able...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This has been a particularly toxic and terrible manifestation of tory political governance but I am sure the more balanced Conservative MPs will also suffer at the next election because the ineptitude and mendacity of the last 13 years...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A Survation poll in The Times last month had this for Faversham and Mid Kent:

Faversham and Mid Kent
Winner: Con
Vote share by party

Con 41.4%
Lab 35.8%
Lib Dem 10.9%
Green 4.3%
SNP 0%
Plaid 0%

Tory hold due to the vote being split. Some amazing Tory losses elsewhere though if true.
And even places like Faversham can go if Lab, Lib and Gren give each other a nod and a wink in some seats. We've seen it in by elections.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This has been a particularly toxic and terrible manifestation of tory political governance but I am sure the more balanced Conservative MPs will also suffer at the next election because the ineptitude and mendacity of the last 13 years...
Did you have any in mind?

So many were booted out at the time of passing the brexit bill. I'm not sure who is left which is recognisable as one of the tories of old

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In due course we will learn about the circumstances of the death and at that time we can make an assessment of whether you are right or not.
Ok, I am very angry and very sad, but the fact remains, the asylum seeker died in a place where he shouldn't have been in the first place.
Local fire services and health officials warned the government, the barge wasn't safe.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ok, I am very angry and very sad, but the fact remains, the asylum seeker died in a place where he shouldn't have been in the first place.
Local fire services and health officials warned the government, the barge wasn't safe.
I understand your anger

I hope all these people are removed from the barge and placed somewhere more secure, probably a hotel, while an independent investigation into the circumstances and safety of the barge are very quickly conducted. Any sensible government should commit itself to following the findings of this investigation.

What's making me angry is the realisation there are some on the fringes and in various chat rooms who will have greeted this news with the comment .... "good"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Please take a few minutes to scroll through and reflect. The lucky ones are those who have a name. Most of them don't.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Climate campaigners and politicians have reacted with fury to the news that the UK climate change minister, Graham Stuart, has returned to London from Cop28

Francesca Rhodes, of Care International UK, said: “If the reports are accurate, it is staggering that the UK government has no ministers attending the final critical days of Cop28. These negotiations will decide the fate of millions of people facing floods, fires and famine due to the climate crisis. The UK has played a productive role in the talks so far but leaving early is simply shameful. Time and again, wealthy countries have let down low-income countries. The latest text was deeply disappointing and does not keep 1.5C alive. When the UK should be standing up for marginalised communities, including women and girls

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The fact Rishi feels he needs to call a minister back says to me is that he can't be certain he has the numbers to be able to pass the Rwanda bill today.

I'm sure it will pass - would take a rebellion on seismic proportions for it not to - but just the act of needing to call the minister back tells us everything we need to know about how weak his position as PM currently is.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Climate campaigners and politicians have reacted with fury to the news that the UK climate change minister, Graham Stuart, has returned to London from Cop28

Francesca Rhodes, of Care International UK, said: “If the reports are accurate, it is staggering that the UK government has no ministers attending the final critical days of Cop28. These negotiations will decide the fate of millions of people facing floods, fires and famine due to the climate crisis. The UK has played a productive role in the talks so far but leaving early is simply shameful. Time and again, wealthy countries have let down low-income countries. The latest text was deeply disappointing and does not keep 1.5C alive. When the UK should be standing up for marginalised communities, including women and girls
Well OBVIOUSLY, a minister who will vote with the PM on his flagship Rwanda policy needs to be back in Westminster today.

Saving face over a binfire of a policy is OBVIOUSLY more important than saving the World from actual fire isn't it? Isn't it?

Isn't it?

🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here