Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

Robert Jenrick has 'resigned' as immigration minister​

Home Office minister Laura Farris said that Robert Jenrick has resigned as immigration minister.

She told LBC: “I understand that he has.”

Asked why, she said: “I don’t know in all honesty. I just came from the chamber and found out after I connected to your show.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Robert Jenrick has 'resigned' as immigration minister​

Home Office minister Laura Farris said that Robert Jenrick has resigned as immigration minister.

She told LBC: “I understand that he has.”

Asked why, she said: “I don’t know in all honesty. I just came from the chamber and found out after I connected to your show.”
For not pushing for the most hard line of Rwanda strategies, apparently. Off to sit on Suella's right. Or probably slightly to her left.

Edit "No compromise with the rule of law!" A guaranteed vote-winner for the general election.

Wankers.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
For not pushing for the most hard line of Rwanda strategies, apparently. Off to sit on Suella's right. Or probably slightly to her left.

Edit "No compromise with the rule of law!" A guaranteed vote-winner for the general election.

Wankers.
The immigration minister, Robert Jenrick, has quit, just hours after the prime minister tabled a bill to save the Rwanda deportation policy.

He stood down after the legislation did not allow ministers to override international laws which have stopped the government from sending asylum seekers to central Africa.

Jenrick’s resignation will be seen as a move to position himself as the head of a growing rightwing rebellion aimed at ensuring that the UK can act unilaterally and send flights to Kigali.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
cool - we are overriding our human rights - good luck everyone

Fairly clever, if Labour block it he can scream about it and launch an election on the back of it, he will hope it's enough to get back reform voters back

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems not, just more stop the boats rhetoric :timmy::bla::yawn:
Its such a cool plan, couple of hundred mill to for an asylum seekers exchange 1:1 and doesn't cost Rwanda a penny.

To be fair they've probably been screwed in the aid budget soon need the dough

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Presented with numerical evidence that he lied about how well we did over Covid deaths, Johnson states he doesn't accept the evidence.

He now claims that coming 'half way down' the European death tables this means his early statement (that we did better than most other nations) is correct.

It has been pointed out that compared with similar nations (France, Belgium, Germany etc, not f***ing Bulgaria) we had death figures that were worse than all of them except Italy.

He is still claiming what he said was correct, and the facts presented to him are irrelevant.

One way to succeed is to believe your own lies.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
From Rishi:

Let me just go through the ways individual illegal migrants try and stay.

Claiming asylum – that’s now blocked.

Abuse of our Modern Slavery rules – blocked.

The idea that Rwanda isn’t safe – blocked.

The risk of being sent on to some other country - blocked.

And spurious Human Rights claims – you’d better believe we’ve blocked those too … because we’re completely disapplying all the relevant sections of the Human Rights Act.

And not only have we blocked all these ways illegal migrants will try and stay.

We’ve also blocked their ability to try and stay by bringing a Judicial Review on any of those grounds.

That means that this bill blocks every single reason that has ever been used to prevent flights to Rwanda from taking off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From Rishi:

Let me just go through the ways individual illegal migrants try and stay.

Claiming asylum – that’s now blocked.

Abuse of our Modern Slavery rules – blocked.

The idea that Rwanda isn’t safe – blocked.

The risk of being sent on to some other country - blocked.

And spurious Human Rights claims – you’d better believe we’ve blocked those too … because we’re completely disapplying all the relevant sections of the Human Rights Act.

And not only have we blocked all these ways illegal migrants will try and stay.

We’ve also blocked their ability to try and stay by bringing a Judicial Review on any of those grounds.

That means that this bill blocks every single reason that has ever been used to prevent flights to Rwanda from taking off.
He simply wants to get us out of the ECHR so the Freeports/Special Enterprise Zones can start. Of course, he's going to promise a British Human Rights Act, but it won't protect us in anything like the former.
We will be serfs, not citizens, no exaggeration. Planning rules will be out of the window, just like the water companies follow Ofwat rules about sewage.
Councils are going bankrupt due to lack of central funds, so Central Government will suggest handing over the keys of the town hall, and bingo.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was listening to Radio 5 yesterday and there was an excellent interview with Dr S Chelvan, Head of Immigration and Public Law, who very succinctly explains why the Rwanda plan cannot ever work no matter what laws this current cabal invent or change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001t26d

From 50 mins to 60 mins, it explains how this current cabal are still lying everytime they mention flying 'illegal immigrants' to Rwanda and how it's a simple last ditch attempt to keep votes at the next election, but can never work.

I do appreciate that I am asking a lot, for those who back the Rwanda plan to concentrate for 10 minutes, so they can go from 54 -59 minutes and still get the gist :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would think you'd have more success if you stopped stooping to condescending and patronising blurts.

Absolutely no comment on the actual substance of the post then, how many minutes through did you get :wink:

It's a simple observation, highlighting factual information at odds with what the current cabal are telling you. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about them, and certainly wouldn't try to change yours, I know my limits :lolol: So, consequently, there is no measure of 'success' for me in anything I post relating to them.

I thought I made it quite clear when you voted for Johnson and co to become the UKs Government, that I was stepping back to the role of bemused bystander :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
b0a18c22-e3d6-4f24-a9be-5eb318c74bcf.jpg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Absolutely no comment on the actual substance of the post then, how many minutes through did you get :wink:

It's a simple observation, highlighting factual information at odds with what the current cabal are telling you. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about them, and certainly wouldn't try to change yours, I know my limits :lolol: So, consequently, there is no measure of 'success' for me in anything I post relating to them.

I thought I made it quite clear when you voted for Johnson and co to become the UKs Government, that I was stepping back to the role of bemused bystander :thumbsup:
Have you asked her/him for a thumbs up yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here