Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Congratulations. That's the best interpretation of 'they're all the same' that I have heard in a long time :wink:

You obviously missed the bit where the scientists explained that the 'narcissistic orgy' (the words from No 10, not mine) at the heart of Government were completely incapable of understanding simple scientific concepts, figures and statistics.

Yep, nobody really knew what to do :facepalm:
You seem incapable of seeing what has been said other than what we already knew about Johnson etc, even when it has happened in the last 3 days

Whitty/Van Tam/Vallance have all given different answers to what they were saying should happen at the start and in some cases contradicts what they actually said during the time.

No one is claiming Johnson etc were not clowns, but there was difference of opinion at the time and not one clear voice.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seem incapable of seeing what has been said other than what we already knew about Johnson etc, even when it has happened in the last 3 days

Whitty/Van Tam/Vallance have all given different answers to what they were saying should happen at the start and in some cases contradicts what they actually said during the time.

No one is claiming Johnson etc were not clowns, but there was difference of opinion at the time and not one clear voice.

That will be because they are scientists and will have different views on the information in front of them. 'Experts' and their expertise are essential to complex decisions, but that's as far as it goes, because it's complicated, hence very clever people spend their lives trying to understand it.

So, are we 'fed up with experts' or 'being led by science'. Shirley it can't be both, but that's why you need decision makers :shrug:

In the field I worked in, I worked with some absolutely superb 'experts' who wouldn't agree on the most basic of things, but were superb at what they did. Which was why I listened very closely to what they said, and then made my decisions :wink:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That will be because they are scientists and will have different views on the information in front of them. 'Experts' and their expertise are essential to complex decisions, but that's as far as it goes.

So, are we 'fed up with experts' or 'being led by science'. Shirley it can't be both :shrug:
Nice backtrack

Back on ignore you go

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In the field I worked in, I worked with some absolutely superb 'experts' who wouldn't agree on the most basic of things, but were superb at what they did. Which was why I listened very closely to what they said, and then made my decisions :wink:
No surprise at all to me that you were headhunted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't recall Labour screaming from the rooftops exclaiming 'THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT, YOU FOOLS'.
When Johnson was dithering over the first lockdown, Labour were in the middle of a leadership contest. Once Kier Starmer was installed, Labour acted like a wartime opposition, and were supportive of Covid related measures as far as they felt possible, despite that, Labour were calling for the second lock down weeks earlier than it was introduced.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
When Johnson was dithering over the first lockdown, Labour were in the middle of a leadership contest. Once Kier Starmer was installed, Labour acted like a wartime opposition, and were supportive of Covid related measures as far as they felt possible, despite that, Labour were calling for the second lock down weeks earlier than it was introduced.
And willing to keep in place for the next five years.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Great answer.

I DO look forward to next year when Starmer makes a manifesto and puts the country to rights, and there SHALL be honey still for tea.
Starmer is not the messiah, but he would have to be a very, very, very naughty boy to give us a worse ride than the current Tory Party would.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Starmer is not the messiah, but he would have to be a very, very, very naughty boy to give us a worse ride than the current Tory Party would.
As in football, I'm a results person.

Economic growth and a curb on the boats, they are the scores on the teleprinter I'll be watching for.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Should 100% stuck with Boris...

Like he was going to hang around with the outgoings he has on a chicken feed PM's wages. He'd be gone by now anyway, naturally a populist liberal the right of the party would have turned on him.

I suggest you read a few books about him or research his time as London Mayor where he splaffed a billion pounds of tax payers money down the drain.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And willing to keep in place for the next five years.
You are making the same mistake that got us in all kinds of shit we have been in and are currently in, by believing things Boris Johnson said. Lockdowns could have been shorter if they had come in a bit sooner.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You are making the same mistake that got us in all kinds of shit we have been in and are currently in, by believing things Boris Johnson said. Lockdowns could have been shorter if they had come in a bit sooner.
Not quite my point but fair enough.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do you think he'll really bypass local councils and build, build, build on greenbelt?
Do You think that would be a terrible thing? If so, is it the bypassing of local councils, which is not quite what Labour have said, or is it using some Greenbelt?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That will be because they are scientists and will have different views on the information in front of them. 'Experts' and their expertise are essential to complex decisions, but that's as far as it goes, because it's complicated, hence very clever people spend their lives trying to understand it.

So, are we 'fed up with experts' or 'being led by science'. Shirley it can't be both, but that's why you need decision makers :shrug:

Not sure why Potty is laughing at your post. Your take on expert advice is correct. I have acted as an expert advisor/consultant to pharma on several occasions and the decisions are theirs to make not mine to dictate.

That's why the buck stops with useless Johnson. He opted to side with the view that the world would not end if action were delayed a week or so, rather than the view that lots more lives were likely to be saved by swift action.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As in football, I'm a results person.

Economic growth and a curb on the boats, they are the scores on the teleprinter I'll be watching for.
We can stop the boats tomorrow, but do you really mean stopping so many people seeking asylum in the UK?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He knows that, but thinks throwing in a simplistic question in now and again, is ‘fun’.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The whole point of an enquiry is to hear all evidence, not just the bits you want to hear.
i hope you’re never called on jury duty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here