Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
See Lizz drew the biggest crowd of the day at the conference, lots of the usual weirdos in attendance.

The last thing Sunak needs. She’s still carrying on like a year ago never happened
Remember that Truss was incredibly popular with the members which led to her absolutely thrashing Sunak in the leadership contest

It was the MP's and the rest of the general public that she couldn't win over

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Except that every policy pronouncement and speech by the Tories this week is being cheered to the rafters by the Mail, Express, Sun and Telegraph, whereas every policy pronouncement and speech by Labour next week will be totally misrepresented, branded as loony, or condemned as unaffordable, by the same newspapers!

I've always said that a Conservative and Labour leader could make an identical speech, but the Tory leader would be hailed as bold, brave, courageous and visionary, whereas that same speech by a Labour leader would be reported as dangerous, extremist, rabble-rousing and unpatriotic.
And this is happening to the point where the words of the press are barely distinguishable from the words coming from the government.

And the government lie openly. It's getting increasingly close the the US, we now have two sets of facts which two sets of people believe, type society.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Remember that Truss was incredibly popular with the members which led to her absolutely thrashing Sunak in the leadership contest

I like the measured, understated way you put this

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Not forgetting the lefty international money markets and the communist hedge fund managers

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is no doubt in my mind that Truss has mental health issues / learning difficulties. She genuinely believes she did no wrong and is still relevant? Madder than Mad Mick McMad.

It is alleged that throughout her political “career”,all documents for her attention had to be “Truss proofed” ie ; written so a five year old could understand it.

She has a political legacy in the same way Jedward have a musical legacy.

The fact that the mad fucker is running around the conference like a kid at a wedding reception is clear indication that Sunak, the man with the amazing jelly spine, has no control over his party.

At most she should be on cloakroom detail. Personally, I’d have barred her from attending.

It’s criminal that this bunch of nuts actually has a very good chance of staying in power for years to come.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

was she? result was 57%-43%, which sounds a large margin but the lowest win since they asked the membership to vote. many were voting for Truss as the Johnson continuity candidate, or anyone but Sunak (stabbed poor Boris in the back). it's very odd seeing there's supposed to be a ground swell of support around her after she failed so spectacularly.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I still can't decide if it's hilarious or depressing that our current Prime Minister lost a popularity / competency contest with Liz Truss who, let's not forget, was outlasted by a lettuce.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Quite a lot of admin in working all that out. Presumably some sort of appeal system as well. I'd rather health funding to be spent on health rather than resolving disputes about fault of the incident.
Exactly. The NHS spends next to nothing on that kind of admin, which is one of the reasons why we (still, just) have decent enough healthcare for lower costs than comparable nations. Our current chronic problems are simply a result of long-term under-funding which has been going on for 13 years now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unelected, not a Conservative Party candidate Farage seems to be having a better time at the conference than Sunak.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Unelected, not a Conservative Party candidate Farage seems to be having a better time at the conference than Sunak.

Y'know there's just some things on the Internet that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, will make my life worse if I view them. And this is one of those things.

A video that will be forever left un-played.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Not forgetting the lefty international money markets and the communist hedge fund managers
And of course those woke b@stards the OBR and BoE. It’s wrong to take aim at the afflicted but she comes off as a haunted ventriloquist’s puppet…only with less self awareness.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_2022.jpeg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Braverman today:

"I know they have tried to make me into a hate figure because I tell the truth.
The blunt, unvarnished truth about what is happening in our country."

"I tell the truth" She said. Does she?

From her resignation letter to Liz Truss:

"Earlier today, I sent an official document from my personal email to a trusted parliamentary colleague as part of policy engagement, and with the aim of garnering support for government policy on migration. This constitutes a technical infringement of the rules … nevertheless it is right for me to go. Pretending we haven’t made mistakes, carrying on as if everyone can’t see that we have made them, and hoping that things will magically come right is not serious politics. I have made a mistake; I accept responsibility; I resign."

Six days later, this was proven to be falacious cant as she accepted Sunak's offer to return to the government in the same job.

Introducing her immigration bill in March:
"Let's be honest, there are 100 million people around the world who could qualify for protection under our current rules. Let's be clear they are coming here."

Let's be honest Suella? Honest? https://fullfact.org/immigration/suella-braverman-100-million-claim/

On her own CV - From the Big Issue: Claims by new Home Secretary Suella Braverman that she “contributed” to a legal textbook have been rubbished by the book’s author – who says she merely did some photocopying for him.

She also stated that "almost all" members of grooming gangs were British Pakistani men, when in reality a report from her own Home Office had already shown this statement to be false.

We'll forgive her office briefing newspapers that her views had been made clear to Essex police over gollywogs being seized from a pub, as, although this was proven to be a false statement, it only came from her office, not her mouth.

With the recent discussion of Madness, 'Shut up' springs to mind. Both for "I'm as honest as the day is long, the longer the daylight, the less I do wrong," and for another, more obvious, reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here