Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Though he does seem to apply to a few narcissist tick boxes

• Being extremely arrogant and self-centered
  • Disregarding the feelings and needs of other people
  • Manipulating, using, or exploiting others for personal gain or pleasure
  • Having an extreme need for power
  • Acts of revenge against those who criticize them
  • Fantasizing about ways to obtain more power or dominance over others
  • Lacking conscience, regret, or remorse for their actions
  • Being cruel and taking pleasure in the pain of others
  • High levels of aggression towards other people
  • Paranoia or mistrust of others
surely that’s an extract from the Tory Party membership literature

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Richard Sharpe (BBC Chairman) resigns.
Should never have been appointed and should have resigned the moment his shenanigans with Johnson became public.

It's only because the report into him and Johnson is about to be imminently published. It certainly wouldn't be through any sense of honesty or moral compass from any of this corrupt cabal. Take every f***ing penny out of Britain while you can, until you get dragged screaming out of the door hanging on the fingernails :annoyed:

Still it was always absolutely clear what we were voting for. “Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite” :shootself

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I assume he doesn’t hold a UK passport and works in the uk on a visa I also assume he was back in the Sudan visiting family when this all kicked off and now finds he’s stuck as he is not eligible for a flight out as it’s for repatriation of uk citizens are my assumptions correct?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's such a bizarre rhetoric.

"If you support inclusion, not polluting our water with sewage, holding corrupt politicians to account, looking after the vulnerable, helping refugees fleeing literal war zones and generally not being a colossal prick then you hate England and you should f*** off"

I don't get it. I don't get waking up every morning and fully believing in that mindset. It has to be a gimmick.
He's thick as mince. That's all there is to it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's disgusting. He lives and works here, in the NHS, went to Sudan to celebrate Eid and got caught up in a conflict. The Foreign Office refusing him help, is akin to how Nazanin Zahara Ratcliffe was let down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I assume he doesn’t hold a UK passport and works in the uk on a visa I also assume he was back in the Sudan visiting family when this all kicked off and now finds he’s stuck as he is not eligible for a flight out as it’s for repatriation of uk citizens are my assumptions correct?
There are 70 others in exactly the same position. We have 45,000 vacancies for doctors in the NHS so offer visas to qualified doctors abroad, but then abandon them when they need help.
The French and Germans were evacuating their people before we even started thinking about it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Richard Sharpe (BBC Chairman) resigns.
Got my application in already. Who dares wins Rodney, and all that.
BBC Application.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well done Newsnight, for highlighting this petty Foreign Office ruling.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well done Newsnight, for highlighting this petty Foreign Office ruling.

You can just imagine someone in the room with an iota of common sense going "come on guys, really? Can we please stop scoring own goals? We're not Lewis Dunk Vs Liverpool FFS"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You can just imagine someone in the room with an iota of common sense going "come on guys, really? Can we please stop scoring own goals? We're not Lewis Dunk Vs Liverpool FFS"

And getting immediately shouted down with 'yeah that's all well and good, but where's the angle for us to make money out of this' :rolleyes:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's disgusting. He lives and works here, in the NHS, went to Sudan to celebrate Eid and got caught up in a conflict. The Foreign Office refusing him help, is akin to how Nazanin Zahara Ratcliffe was let down.
Disgusting is a word we use more and more in this household about this government and its doings, particularly about immigration matters, but not exclusively……

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Like Trump everyone that put themselves close to Johnson became comtaminated. Sharpe has gone, but we still don't know who lent the cash to him. This should have been on the public record.

As the Beeb, time for Labour to show some guts. Its time to end the politic appointees from both sides, Aunty is caught in the middle every time and every dishonest client journalist puts the boot in where possible

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like Trump everyone that put themselves close to Johnson became comtaminated. Sharpe has gone, but we still don't know who lent the cash to him. This should have been on the public record.

As the Beeb, time for Labour to show some guts. Its time to end the politic appointees from both sides, Aunty is caught in the middle every time and every dishonest client journalist puts the boot in where possible
I hope Starmer sorts all the political cronyism out when he is PM. The Government need to have zero influence BBC appointments. They need to have say on House of Lords appointments either (Labour have already said they’ll sort this chamber). In addition, those breaking the ministerial code (which needs tightening up again) need their outcome decided by an independent panel, not the PM.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope Starmer sorts all the political cronyism out when he is PM. The Government need to have zero influence BBC appointments. They need to have say on House of Lords appointments either (Labour have already said they’ll sort this chamber). In addition, those breaking the ministerial code (which needs tightening up again) need their outcome decided by an independent panel, not the PM.
Tough to do along with everything else.
All the while the opposition and national press are telling everyone how a labour government has ruined everything.

You only have to look at the social housing 'debate' on this week's QT to see everything is already Labours fault.

But then again it's a plan that's worked every other time, so why not again from 2025.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It's not just contaminated by Johnson, it's still his appointments running the country.

The vast majority of the Cabinet (and all the senior posts) are occupied by people appointed to Cabinet by Johnson. Sunak was his second in command throughout this whole clusterf***. It's the same Brexit cabal re-arranged multiple times like deckchairs on the Titanic or, to be more accurate, turds in a cat tray. And the few that weren't appointed by him were appointed by that brilliant Johnson appointee Liz Truss :facepalm:

I guess it is possible that the two most incompetent PMs in British history strangely had a skill for identifying successful, honest, hard working, competent people to surround themselves with :laugh:

The ditches thing :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here