Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The government have long had a policy of “Truss proofing” all documents.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
And whilst watching that, this video Of Liz Truss' greatest hits was suggested :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxkBdcWfUfc&ab_channel=PoliticsJOE

I really struggle to watch stuff like this. Made it 1 minute in before stopping to post this.

The thing that does me is that this person is quite likely to be the next leader of our country. A country that has lurched from crisis to crisis for at least 7 years. A country where people this winter will, in all likelihood, need to choose between heating their homes or feeding their family. Some won't even be 'lucky' enough to have that choice.

And this person is supposed to pull us out of all that? This person who can't even answer a question. Who doesn't have the competence to read a pre-prepared speech without coming across like someone who's wandered into the wrong room and decided to give it a go anyway.

It's objectively terrifying. Genuinely frightening.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Christ :facepalm:

The whole point about nuclear weapons is we have them and we never discuss the circumstances that would lead to their deployment. Keep everyone guessing. They have no value if you make a list of exactly when and how you'd use them.

She doesn't seem to understand anything. This is exactly how I would expect a former pro-cannabis Liberal to talk after opting to grasp a right wing agenda for nothing more than a venal race to personal glory. Say anything. Get angry about cheese, if necessary :shootself:

You are right of course. But she didn't provide a list of when and how she would use them. She just answered the question 'Would you unleash our nuclear weapons?' with the ill-considered answer 'yes I would', which is arguably, even worse. The implication is that she would unleash them regardless of any nuances* of the prevailing circumstances. *which she doesn't have the capacity to understand anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are right of course. But she didn't provide a list of when and how she would use them. She just answered the question 'Would you unleash our nuclear weapons?' with the ill-considered answer 'yes I would', which is arguably, even worse. The implication is that she would unleash them regardless of any nuances* of the prevailing circumstances. *which she doesn't have the capacity to understand anyway.

Yes. That nuance was what I meant to convey, but then I thought.... why bother properly dissecting dog shit :lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I really struggle to watch stuff like this. Made it 1 minute in before stopping to post this.

The thing that does me is that this person is quite likely to be the next leader of our country. A country that has lurched from crisis to crisis for at least 7 years. A country where people this winter will, in all likelihood, need to choose between heating their homes or feeding their family. Some won't even be 'lucky' enough to have that choice.

And this person is supposed to pull us out of all that? This person who can't even answer a question. Who doesn't have the competence to read a pre-prepared speech without coming across like someone who's wandered into the wrong room and decided to give it a go anyway.

It's objectively terrifying. Genuinely frightening.

Don't worry, she has got the likes of Nadine Dorries and Jacob Rees-Mogg right be her side, it'll be alright. :smokin:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Did you see his cheeky smirk at the end?

I have always maintained that the tory long term agenda for the NHS is to sell it. First it needs to make a profit. That means cutting it down to size. This is one of the few examples where the tory agenda is on track.

100% H - that is a perfect example of the smug, arrogant take that the present Government exemplifies in most situations. Unbelievably condescending, patronising twats!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1562887482881871874[/tweet]

[tweet]1562885878355087362[/tweet]

But, to prove she’s at least not completely off her rocker…

[tweet]1562890542517628929[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[tweet]1562887482881871874[/tweet]

[tweet]1562885878355087362[/tweet]

But, to prove she’s at least not completely off her rocker…

[tweet]1562890542517628929[/tweet]

I skimmed watch it, how can anyone think Truss is better than Sunak?

How can anyone voting think Truss would be more popular to the population than him?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will this do?

[tweet]1562181596903530496[/tweet]

PM’s and those seeking the office have always been clear that they’re prepared to use our nuclear weapons, for example.

D14DE727-AA68-4E9A-B4A9-C762F4604588.png

F2E891DF-7B6A-49AA-9D6A-8B1477633A8A.png

Pacifist Corbyn in 2019 wanted to say “not”, but instead was cajoled into claiming that he would after consulting the cabinet.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Genuinely depressing and, very worrying, the people and views that Truss and Sunak are pandering to.

It's really not far off Farage's recent speech to CPAC, he doesn't seem to bother hiding what he thinks these days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEv3khyzzTc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see Truss is already getting loose lipped about nuclear Armageddon. She’s dangerously stupid. I said this back when she was first getting involved in Ukraine, way before she was even thought of as PM.

She is mentally incompetent and should be nowhere near an office of power. Let alone PM.
The Tory members have just one job - save the country from the dangerous Truss ( even though that means electing the merely bad Sunak ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here