Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If they wait a couple of months it would REALLY help with my Xmas shopping, and I need a new telly.

You do realise that the reason you are still posting on NSC is because you were actually incapable of trolling at the intellectual level of [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Truss is going to win God help us all. I hate to say it but there is going to be some serious civil unrest which will make the poll tax riots back in the early 90s look like a tea party

It's probably quite a good thing for democracy. The Conservative party has been destroyed internally and taken over by an extreme neo-liberal fringe. It's a mirror of what happened in the Labour party under Corbyn until thankfully he lost control. Unfortunately this lot are now in power.

I'm not sure what will win the next election (and frankly don't care), but I fully expect and hope this fake incarnation of conservatism will be booted out until it learns to heal itself.

Traditional conservative voters (for the sake of their party) would be best place to pinch their noses and vote Lib Dem or don't bother.

There is a very good reason the far right vote has collapsed in this country, this administration has absorbed it.

Time for conservatives to stand up do the right thing for the country and their party. This lot need kicking into the long grass. They don't represent you.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You do realise that the reason you are still posting on NSC is because you were actually incapable of trolling at the intellectual level of [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] :lolol:

But he did eventually manage to join this coterie of oddballs on my ignore list. The fact it took him years to get there is a testament to his lack of focus (and some good non-political posts, to be fair - something way beyond the reach of the unfab four). ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1. Depends if them and Labour talk and don’t take votes off each other.

2. Signs from the recent elections suggest they could be working together.

1. Concerned?
2. Alleging a conspiracy?

I'm a LP member and have not been urged to work together with the spaghetti weavers.

But you're most welcome to clutch at straws.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's probably quite a good thing for democracy. The Conservative party has been destroyed internally and taken over by an extreme neo-liberal fringe. It's a mirror of what happened in the Labour party under Corbyn until thankfully he lost control. Unfortunately this lot are now in power.

I'm not sure what will win the next election (and frankly don't care), but I fully expect and hope this fake incarnation of conservatism will be booted out until it learns to heal itself.

Traditional conservative voters (for the sake of their party) would be best place to pinch their noses and vote Lib Dem or don't bother.

There is a very good reason the far right vote has collapsed in this country, this administration has absorbed it.

Time for conservatives to stand up do the right thing for the country. This lot need kicking into the long grass.

I’ve said for a couple of years that Dec’24 will give a hung parliament, Starmer relying on the SNP on a bill by bill basis. They’ve made it abundantly plain that they won’t ever go into a coalition.

Tory MP’s and party members seem unable to box clever and take a long term success view, in the same way as they did in the shite Major years 92 to 97 [Ken Clarke the only shining star]. Dogmatic, untimely in the economic cycle and unfunded tax cuts promised by Truss, simply voting for Truss, slow to act on cost of living, handing open goals to Starmer. Who only has to say nowt.

But much of this wishing our lives away for a de facto Sturgeon and Starmer administration 28 months away. The party or class-war politically minded here and elsewhere have a boner about this, but this does nothing to help the households fretting this weekend on being able buying food or meet rent/mortgage payments on Monday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve said for a couple of years that Dec’24 will give a hung parliament, Starmer relying on the SNP on a bill by bill basis. They’ve made it abundantly plain that they won’t ever go into a coalition.

Tory MP’s and party members seem unable to box clever and take a long term success view, in the same way as they did in the shite Major years 92 to 97 [Ken Clarke the only shining star]. Dogmatic, untimely in the economic cycle and unfunded tax cuts promised by Truss, simply voting for Truss, slow to act on cost of living, handing open goals to Starmer. Who only has to say nowt.

But much of this wishing our lives away for a de facto Sturgeon and Starmer administration 28 months away. The party or class-war politically minded here and elsewhere have a boner about this, but this does nothing to help the households fretting this weekend on being able buying food or meet rent/mortgage payments on Monday.

Christ. Starmer and Ms Krankie? I hope not.

But it is what it is. The people always get the governments they deserve. (Apart from the jocks, obvs. They deserve an SNP government....."can we rejoin the EU please?". "No. **** off".....and so on :mad:)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
With just two weeks to go before Liz Truss is expected to be crowned as the new Tory leader and prime minister, a large number of Conservative MPs are suffering a serious bout of the jitters about their own futures this weekend.

One reason is that while a clear majority of the 150,000 or so members of the Tory party, who have the ultimate say in deciding the next PM, are opting for Truss over Rishi Sunak, voters out in the country seem distinctly unimpressed by the prospect of the current foreign secretary moving into No 10.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Christ. Starmer and Ms Krankie? I hope not.

But it is what it is. The people always get the governments they deserve. (Apart from the jocks, obvs. They deserve an SNP government....."can we rejoin the EU please?". "No. **** off".....and so on :mad:)

Anyone confident here that Starmer will win 326+ seats, effectively just in England and Wales, can almost triple their money.

3DE215D3-4714-48BC-9359-DCE118ACEC04.png

The game-changer that makes a Blair 1997 or 2001 almost impossible now, is the rise of the SNP.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With just two weeks to go before Liz Truss is expected to be crowned as the new Tory leader and prime minister, a large number of Conservative MPs are suffering a serious bout of the jitters about their own futures this weekend.

One reason is that while a clear majority of the 150,000 or so members of the Tory party, who have the ultimate say in deciding the next PM, are opting for Truss over Rishi Sunak, voters out in the country seem distinctly unimpressed by the prospect of the current foreign secretary moving into No 10.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

It’s an inevitable cycle, in power 2010 to 2024, it’ll be the turn of another party, lots of Tory MP’s will lose their seats or retire early (by not standing) on the colossal Commons pension. The pandemic then Putin’s murderous war, set in chain shite across the globe, administrations paying the price. Macron only got in because he faced a fascist, then he lost parliamentary control.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The game-changer that makes a Blair 1997 or 2001 almost impossible now, is the rise of the SNP.

Yep.

The jocks now have the power to **** up labour by voting SNP, hugely increasing the chances of the tories winning power, and forever condemning themselves to not only no independence, but also no concessions, no free deep fried mars bars, etc.

The Jocks seem to think that they can gain independence with 45 seats bullying a parliament of 650 seats.

Trust the jocks to not know what is in their best interest. They can vote SNP till the cows come home and this will simply entrench the national tory hegemony.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You do realise that the reason you are still posting on NSC is because you were actually incapable of trolling at the intellectual level of [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] [emoji38]ol:
I just assumed the poster was the only surviving Johnny "4 accounts" Genius account. Lol.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep.

The jocks now have the power to **** up labour by voting SNP, hugely increasing the chances of the tories winning power, and forever condemning themselves to not only no independence, but also no concessions, no free deep fried mars bars, etc.

The Jocks seem to think that they can gain independence with 45 seats bullying a parliament of 650 seats.

Trust the jocks to not know what is in their best interest. They can vote SNP till the cows come home and this will simply entrench the national tory hegemony.

The, by nature, relentlessly nationalist theme of the SNP, blaming Westminster (blue, red, you name it) masks their many failings in Scotland. And deliberately so.

Despite an additional 30% per capita state funding from Westminster under the Barnett Formula, they’ve screwed up across the board over their 15 years. Police, narcotics, the health service, transport, green jobs, education, environment. The Scottish Labour Party have covered this in detail.

Nationalism … they’ve used the same dog whistling tactics used by Le Pen, Farage, Redwood … to mask their failings, whipping up fervour amongst their 1.2m voters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That mouth gape she does, as she thinks she has delivered a clever joke, reminds me of the Muppets.

I genuinely believe she is mentally sun-normal. She should not be allowed to run anything. Intervention is required.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I presume you mean sub-normal? Which is a bit harsh ,but I would agree she doesn’t sound the sharpest tool in the box.

Yes. Sub-normal. Harsh? Not a bit of it. She’s disturbed. Crackers. A basket case. If anyone doubts that, wait until she has free reign at No.10. The decisions she is going to make will leave nobody in any doubt; mental.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It will be a hung parliament but what will happen is that there will be a Labour/Lib Dem coalition that will leave SNP out in the cold. The Lib Dems will insist on rejoining the single market as part of the deal, Labour will 'reluctantly' agree, we will instantly resolve the unimplementable NIP, and the 'act of self harm' British import controls that we still can't put in place, save what's left of the British export industry, fishing, farming etc and start to make a significant dent in both the raging inflation and plummeting GDP :wink:

It will be the start of the long road back to some sort of sanity in Government, but we'll still be paying for the last 3 years (and probably next 2) for decades to come :shootself

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here