Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
If a business fails then the employees are at risk of losing everything if they can't pay mortgages/rent etc. Yes, they might be able to go and get another job but that goes for the owner as well. Employees, whether they admit it or not are invested in the success of their employer.

I don’t think anyone is arguing against that, but at present it’s clear that inequality is hurting demand. Employers may have the vision and the strategy, but they still rely on their employees to get the job done. And if their employees wages are too low, they can’t then go out and spend in the economy.

The relationship done well is symbiotic, too much of our current regime is parasitic, with all the benefit accruing to the employer, and the employee in lower wage situations barely meeting their basic needs, even with the employer’s low wages being subsidised by the taxpayer in the form of Universal Credit.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Nope, no chords as that wasn't the tune in my original post which simply stated that as a lifelong Tory voter I heard nothing in what Sunak and Truss had to say to make me want to vote Tory again. I'm not stupid or gullible as WatfordZero suggested and not for the first time, WZ turned a simple comment in to a tirade against me. Last time WZ did it, another poster jumped in and said 'ignore him, he's a troll'. I should have listened. He's on ignore now and no thanks, I won't be going to reread any of what he said.

Oh well, your choice ! Just how deep is that sand you seem to have your head buried in ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh well, your choice ! Just how deep is that sand you seem to have your head buried in ?

A tirade calling him stupid and gullible ?

Oh dear. Tory voter all my life although didn't vote Brexit. Voted for Boris to stop Corbyn & Co bringing our country to a standstill. But I didn't elect either Sunak or Truss and the more the leadership battle goes on, the more I wouldn't vote the Tories back in. Obviously that's the simple version. So now it's up to Labour to make themselves electable and earn my vote. Surely it couldn't be easier?
It appears that you have no understanding what you actually voted for or how Parliamentary democracy works in Britain.

I'm afraid that if you don't reside in Uxbridge then you didn't vote for Boris and what you actually voted for was exactly what you have got, this latest f***wittery with Sunak and Truss. You also voted for another 2 and a bit years of it before you get to have another go :facepalm:

It appears that you can only choose between the Tories and Labour but to be honest, if it was me, I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to 'earn your vote' given the fairly good chances of some lying charlatan from the other side mugging you of your vote with a couple of slogans before the election :wink:

I do hope he's not still clutching those pearls too tightly :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1560682416917864448[/tweet]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Sorry mate. No need to justify myself to you and if you'd read my original post rather than just jumped on WZ's little bandwagon you'd see why. Or maybe not:facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mark Spencer MP on the consistently excellent Any Questions tonight in Morcambe. Tory to the end.

When asked when we will see the end of food banks his deflective response was "people have to work their way out of poverty. Work is the answer"

When asked what help the government could give, his response was to talk about how this is a global issue caused by the Russian invasion and Covid. When asked again how the government would help he said by making sure people keep more of their wages. When asked how this would help pensioners or people who cannot or do not work..."work is the answer".

When asked who he wanted to win the leadership election he answered "I've always admired Boris Johnson". When pressed he said "Truss because Sunak stabbed Boris Johnson in the
back".

Mark Spencer is the Leader of the House of Commons and used to be Tory Chief Whip. On 1st August 2020, a Tory MP was arrested on charges of sexual assault. The Times reports that Spencer, as Chief Whip, was told of the alleged incident a month BEFORE the arrest and chose not to take action.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Public are enjoying the leadership contest, then?

[tweet]1560724899152666624[/tweet]

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Truss is going to win God help us all. I hate to say it but there is going to be some serious civil unrest which will make the poll tax riots back in the early 90s look like a tea party

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Truss is going to win God help us all. I hate to say it but there is going to be some serious civil unrest which will make the poll tax riots back in the early 90s look like a tea party

If they wait a couple of months it would REALLY help with my Xmas shopping, and I need a new telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here