Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If I understand Truss correctly, she's going to cut taxes and pay for it by reducing the wages of nurses and teachers outside the South East. This looks like a master stroke! The vast majority of Tory members will benefit from the lower taxes, and couldn't give a monkeys about public services outside Surrey and the Home Counties. What a sick, sick society we live in.....

Ah ha! I see this policy was even too much for the Tories....a quick U-turn. No pay cuts for nurses and teachers after all!! What a well-thought-out plan by Truss and her team....not! Frightening to think that this load of morons will be running our country in a month's time.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Truss' claim that she will save £11bn in public sector waste is another broken record

She's already had to backtrack on the vast majority of it, but her plan to assign pay according to regional cost of living criteria is levelling down in operation

You turn if you want to. (Pause to gurn at camera for applause)

The lady is not for ...... Oh bugger.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Rishi Sunak has narrowed the gap with Liz Truss in the Conservative party leadership race, with the foreign secretary leading by only five points in the latest poll of members.

The former chancellor’s campaign team have stressed in recent days that they were finding a much tighter race on the ground than the most recent YouGov poll suggested a fortnight ago, which gave Truss a 24-point lead.

The latest poll was conducted by Techne for a private client but data tables have been released for the poll of 807 Conservative members.

It comes after days of renewed momentum for Truss with a string of high-profile endorsements including Penny Mordaunt – a sign that ambitious ministers saw the race as sewn up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ah ha! I see this policy was even too much for the Tories....a quick U-turn. No pay cuts for nurses and teachers after all!! What a well-thought-out plan by Truss and her team....not! Frightening to think that this load of morons will be running our country in a month's time.

Truss turning into Trolley MK2...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Tory’s are doing ever so well at controlling borders….

“Almost 700 migrants crossed the English Channel in 14 small boats on Monday, a record for the year so far”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-62392898

I thought after a Brexit and with a tough Tory stance on people trafficking, this was a thing of the past. It seems even the threat of (never) sending people to Rwanda is not enough to stop them resorting to traffickers.

Even by Tory voters’ own warped standards, the government simply isn’t delivering what it promised Britains’ most gullible. Yet they still cheer and applaud and buy their copies of The Mail.

The sooner the old school Daily Mail readers, Brexit supporters and Tory voters die off, the better.

Quite telling neither have tried to make a big deal over it during the election as they can’t stop it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I can’t see the Tories winning Kemptown, if Liz Truss is PM. Her record on LGBT isn’t good.

I'd love to know which bit of her track record is worth crowing about, unless you consider the (EU photocopy) trade deals ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
She needs a catchy slogan-y name.

I'll call her "Liability Liz" from now on.

If it was only about catchy names Mad Nad would have it sewn up :wink:

I do hope they haven't silenced her for long, a true star amongst a sea of swivel eyed loons :lolol:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
727ED072-8172-45CF-950B-9E01143DADED.jpeg

She’s mental. Mad Lizzy Truss.

To be clear, she is genuinely mentally unsound. A half-wit.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ballot papers for the Conservative leadership election have been delayed in being sent out over security fears.

The party said it had changed its plans for the contest, which will decide the next prime minister, after consulting with security agency GCHQ.

The Daily Telegraph reported that GCHQ had warned that hackers could change people's votes.

Tory members deciding between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak should get their ballot packs this week, the party said.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ballot papers for the Conservative leadership election have been delayed in being sent out over security fears.

The party said it had changed its plans for the contest, which will decide the next prime minister, after consulting with security agency GCHQ.

The Daily Telegraph reported that GCHQ had warned that hackers could change people's votes.

Tory members deciding between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak should get their ballot packs this week, the party said.

It seems odd when overseas non-British citizens can join the Conservative Party and get a vote.

The hackers just need to sign up. Still I suppose hacking just costs time rather than membership money. Lol.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Putin won't be pleased with the extra security but I'm sure he'll get around that to cast his numerous votes.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Against a backdrop of a spiralling cost of living and a shrinking economy (significant parts of which they are directly, if not wholly responsible for), their vote winning policies are

Rip up the NIP
Expand Rwanda
Cut public sector pay in poor areas
Cut taxes

It's complete and utter f***ing madness and there's still people on here trying to defend it, albeit in some cases whilst trying to be subtle :facepalm:

Wanted to thumbs up the above post, apparently I do not have the privilege or my account has been changed ?

Edit. The thumbs up has been delivered, there must be bugs in the new operating system !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Putin won't be pleased with the extra security but I'm sure he'll get around that to cast his numerous votes.

Given one of his arms doesn't work, he has dementia and Parkinson's, Roidrage, 15 different types of cancer and various other ailments *, he might need a proxy

* According to various MSN links on my Edge new tab page

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Given one of his arms doesn't work, he has dementia and Parkinson's, Roidrage, 15 different types of cancer and various other ailments *, he might need a proxy

* According to various MSN links on my Edge new tab page

Blimey, he sounds like that Derek and Clive song

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here