Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Nadine Dorries has suggested Rishi Sunak was part of a “coup” that brought down Boris Johnson, and said Conservative MPs made a “huge mistake” removing the prime minister.

The culture secretary, who is one of Johnson’s most avid supporters, said he was a “great leader” and she was “very disappointed” he would be stepping down on 5 September.

But Dorries said they had to look to the future and hailed*Liz Truss*as “somebody who has both integrity and loyalty and is able to pick up the baton using those very important qualities to take the country forward”.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
On R4 this morning she was insisting that raising LGBT+ rights with her counterparts from Commonwealth countries where gays are persecuted wasn't her job (and she would just be getting pissed like every other day).

(She didn't say that last bit of course but that is the likely reality of the situation)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How is someone as pig ignorant as Dorries allowed near the corridors of power? I suppose she’s a useful mouthpiece for testing out the more ludicrous ideas of government such as privatising CH4 or defending Boris law breaking.

She is a jester so they send her out to say the monstrous/pathetic stuff, and if it sticks then great. If it bombs well, it’s only that mad lady who writes spinster-lit and starts drinking at 9am so don’t worry.

I’d she wasn’t such an unlikeable wretch, one could almost feel sorry for her.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Shell taking money from the poor and giving it to the Rich.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...rly-profits-as-households-struggle-with-bills

Shell made record profits of nearly £10bn between April and June and promised to give shareholders payouts worth £6.5bn as the oil supermajor benefited from the surge in energy prices prompted by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

The FTSE 100 company made adjusted profits of $11.5bn (£9.5bn) during the second quarter of the year, beating its previous high – set between January and March – by 26%. The profits were more than double the same period in 2021, and higher than expected by analysts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How is someone as pig ignorant as Dorries allowed near the corridors of power? I suppose she’s a useful mouthpiece for testing out the more ludicrous ideas of government such as privatising CH4 or defending Boris law breaking.

She is a jester so they send her out to say the monstrous/pathetic stuff, and if it sticks then great. If it bombs well, it’s only that mad lady who writes spinster-lit and starts drinking at 9am so don’t worry.

I’d she wasn’t such an unlikeable wretch, one could almost feel sorry for her.

Because she is a staunch supporter of Johnson and Brexit.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Johnson mocks Sunak over his VAT on fuel U-turn in rare public intervention in Tory leadership contest

Boris Johnson has mocked Rishi Sunak, his former chancellor, for announcing a U-turn this week and proposing to scrap VAT on fuel bills for a year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What copper-bottom moron would make such a claim?

And what does that mean? More crimes solved? That would entail much more spending on police. Or fewer crimes committed: which would mean more investment in education, housing, jobs, social care etc. I don't see any evidence of her making pledges for big rises in public spending.

What it will probably mean are league tables which mean police forces will target easy to solve crime: shoplifters caught by security staff, kids with a bit of blow in their pockets, driving without insurance etc.

It's a completely brainless suggestion from a brainless politician

Next week, England footballers should score 20% more goals ...
Wrong as it turns out, it's actually this:

"I will solve the NHS crisis by cutting waiting lists by 20%. Doctors must treat more people"

Brilliant. Lower taxes, fewer waiting lists, and lower crime. It all reminds me of this scene:

Baldrick: "Fear not for I have a cunning plan!"
Prince George: "Ah good, that's that then"
Blackadder: "I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, sir"

Put me down as a Blackadder in this scene.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What copper-bottom moron would make such a claim?

And what does that mean? More crimes solved? That would entail much more spending on police. Or fewer crimes committed: which would mean more investment in education, housing, jobs, social care etc. I don't see any evidence of her making pledges for big rises in public spending.

What it will probably mean are league tables which mean police forces will target easy to solve crime: shoplifters caught by security staff, kids with a bit of blow in their pockets, driving without insurance etc.

It's a completely brainless suggestion from a brainless politician

Next week, England footballers should score 20% more goals ...

This is the point I was making a few days ago when I was watching the debate (and had to switch off). Rishi and Truss were each asked a question and they simply respond with 'Yes, I am committed to reducing waiting times' or 'Yes, I am committed to cutting crime'...and then they move onto the next question. And as only party members can vote it's a damning inditement of how simple the majority of them must be. Complete farce; politics is well and truly broken in the UK.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here