Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The last few years must have been so disappointing for you, firstly those nasty people voted leave, the same nasty people then voted the Tories in with a 80+ majority and then ... the same people were on the streets in their tens of thousands for the Queens Platinum Jubilee. :lolol::lolol: you sometimes come across as a bit angry, be nice.

Tbh, they should have been disappointing for you, too, or do you think it's all gone so well? :)

I still want to know about this 'bigger picture' that you say some of us are missing.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The issue is over I'm afraid despite what you might think. There is no going back, we've made the choice rightly or wrongly, even Keir Starmer has come out and said as much. I voted leave, but I would probably vote differently if a vote was going to be held now but it isn't.

I wasn't fighting any Brexit battle.

The point I was making was that it was odd that Mogg and Dorries support Truss (a remainer in 2016), and not Penny Mordaunt, who is a Brexiteer, and who subscribed to the ERG.

I asked the floor if I was missing something. But you seem to have missed the point. Why did Mogg and Dorries support Truss and not Mordaunt? To answer it with 'Brexit is over' doesn't really cut it.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The last few years must have been so disappointing for you, firstly those nasty people voted leave, the same nasty people then voted the Tories in with a 80+ majority and then ... the same people were on the streets in their tens of thousands for the Queens Platinum Jubilee. :lolol::lolol: you sometimes come across as a bit angry, be nice.

I think you need to start pressing your MP to get this government to implement import customs checks. The ones you voted for, the government negotiated, but keep pushing back. The same ones Rees-mogg called "an act of self harm".

Then we can start to see Brexit being completed.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

The point I was making was that it was odd that Mogg and Dorries support Truss (a remainer in 2016), and not Penny Mordaunt, who is a Brexiteer, and who subscribed to the ERG.

I asked the floor if I was missing something. But you seem to have missed the point. Why did Mogg and Dorries support Truss and not Mordaunt? To answer it with 'Brexit is over' doesn't really cut it.

and .. the point that I was making, is that it didnt really matter to Mogg or Dorries who Truss voted for re Brexit, that's history, there are other more pressing matters that are more of a concern for them.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I don’t people thought it was over in the 70s. Democracy is fluid and changes year by year. The more people that think like you, and at the moment only 39% think it’s going well, will bring it into focus again.

Are you on the sauce TB ? What do I think like ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
and .. the point that I was making, is that it didnt really matter to Mogg or Dorries who Truss voted for re Brexit, that's history, there are other more pressing matters that are more of a concern for them.

'I think she (Liz Truss) is as strong a Brexiteer as either of us. And that is really important' - Jacob Rees Mogg announcing he was supporting Liz Truss.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Shingle by name … shingles by nature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Yes clearing up the cluster**** that is Brexit … the only thing ‘done’ about Brexit is that it’s done us up like a kipper. Unmitigated disaster costing business untold million’s and making any business with the EU a nightmare. The sad thing is that the EU are bending over backwards to make it work but we haven’t a clue what we are doing as the government are clueless. FWIW, I’m heavily involved in a joint venture in the EU and so speak from bitter experience.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yes clearing up the cluster**** that is Brexit … the only thing ‘done’ about Brexit is that it’s done us up like a kipper. Unmitigated disaster costing business untold million’s and making any business with the EU a nightmare. The sad thing is that the EU are bending over backwards to make it work but we haven’t a clue what we are doing as the government are clueless. FWIW, I’m heavily involved in a joint venture in the EU and so speak from bitter experience.

I hear what you're saying DS, but many on hear grab headlines to shore up the arguments that they were making five years ago. This (Brexit) is a marathon and not a sprint. but, as Ive said before, I would probably vote differently if there was another vote.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hear what you're saying DS, but many on hear grab headlines to shore up the arguments that they were making five years ago. This (Brexit) is a marathon and not a sprint. but, as Ive said before, I would probably vote differently if there was another vote.

A marathon? I thought it was all oven ready, we held all the cards, etc etc? No?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I see Dorries was talking nonsense about the reality show she was in on Channel Four. She claimed some of the participants were actors.

Two inquiries have determined there is no evidence to support her allegations. She has been asked a make an urgent statement to the DCMS committee where she made the original allegation..

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Because Truss is more 'Team Johnson' than Mordaunt?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

You appear confused.

This began with you telling us that many of us are incapable of seeing the bigger picture. When pressed, you described the bigger picture as 'Brexit is over'.

Now you say it's a marathon not a sprint. So which is it? Is it over, or not over and is a marathon instead?

Here again is what Mogg said of Liz Truss:
'I think she (Liz Truss) is as strong a Brexiteer as either of us. And that is really important'

Why would he say that if he thought Brexit was over? Of course it isn't over. It's a marathon. You said it yourself.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The issue is over I'm afraid despite what you might think. There is no going back, we've made the choice rightly or wrongly, even Keir Starmer has come out and said as much. I voted leave, but I would probably vote differently if a vote was going to be held now but it isn't.

We have left the EU, and if that's all you were bothered about then I guess it is over.

However, with respect, I do think it wrong to say Brexit is over, in a sense it has only just started, and imo, was a fundamental reason for why Big Dog was ousted.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Because Truss is more 'Team Johnson' than Mordaunt?

That is my assessment.

She is a chameleon. A chameleon who changes her colour according to which way the wind is blowing.

She voted remain in 2016. But that was the wrong horse for Liz Truss. So she switched horses, became a hardliner and landed the post of Foreign Sec. Now she is regarded 'as strong a Brexiteer' as Mogg himself.
She doesn't care about what is best for the country. She cares about what is best for Liz Truss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here