Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It won't over till the lying narcissist has left the building.

He'll have his fingers crossed the Russians cross into the Baltic States...

Capture.PNG

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wilson left because he was exhausted - he'd been leader for 14 years and PM for seven. We know now that the security services were actively plotting against him, there was the mess left by the Barber boom and the quadrupling of oil prices and there was the conflict between the pro-EU and anti-EU in his party (that led to the formation of the SDP four years later). He just want to retire to watch more football.

The handover was seamless then because the election was conducted among MPs only. It was speeded up considerably when Benn and Jenkins withdrew from the second ballot. Major similarly took over from Thatcher within a week. I think Home took an even shorter time to take over from Macmillan as they didn't have elections in those days.

Now, those pesky members decide things - that all takes time

Wilson also wasn't a well man at the time....

"His doctor had detected problems which would later be diagnosed as colon cancer, and Wilson had begun drinking brandy during the day to cope with stress.[2] In addition, by 1976 he might already have been aware of the first stages of early-onset Alzheimer's disease, which was to cause both his formerly excellent memory and his powers of concentration to fail dramatically."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson#Resignation

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So where did it all go wrong for Boris?

He’s not the first PM to lie, or the last, he’s not the first to support a nonce, Maggie entertained Saville at Chequers, he didn’t send British soldiers to their deaths in an illegal war, so what’s actually done it for him?

Is it basically down to the lockdown Parties?

Have we as a nation finally found some political morals in the 21st century or as James O’Brien said on the wireless this morning, “Choosing the next Tory PM is a bit like choosing which rancid toilet to use next at Glastonbury”.

He has too few political friends. Those who get close to him are repulsed by him. There are too few moths left - most of them have flown too close to the flame and been burned.

I have a feeling you still have a little love light left in your eye for him ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think so. It's over and thankfully he knows it, finally.

Any attempt to cling on and the 1922 Committee will do whatever it takes to remove him near-instantly.

Dom Cummins disagrees. I disgree.

If the 22 does not get him out in the next week, he will stay in number 10, plotting and scheming to the last.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes. thanks. I think I have made my views clear. Sadly though there is a disconnect with your ability to understand.

You wanted to leave the EU Customs Union
You didn't want to break the Good Friday Agreement
You didn't want a border in the Irish Sea
You didn't have any idea how to resolve the self-contradictory statements above

You decided that voting for a 'Useful Idiot' would resolve this paradox for you.

Now you want to get rid of him.

I'm pretty sure I've understood your views :wink:

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This statement is going to be awful isn't it.

I fully expect him to take absolutely no responsibility for any of this, and to lay all blame firmly and squarely at others.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So where did it all go wrong for Boris?

He’s not the first PM to lie, or the last, he’s not the first to support a nonce, Maggie entertained Saville at Chequers, he didn’t send British soldiers to their deaths in an illegal war, so what’s actually done it for him?

Is it basically down to the lockdown Parties?

Have we as a nation finally found some political morals in the 21st century or as James O’Brien said on the wireless this morning, “Choosing the next Tory PM is a bit like choosing which rancid toilet to use next at Glastonbury”.

Christ, does it really need explaining?

He's not just lied countless times, supported a nonce, and handled the big things incompetently, he's done every single one of them. He was FU**ING USELESS.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That’s what I thought. He seemed desperate not to say the wrong thing or anything beyond his rehearsed mantra. He actually looked a little apprehensive.
I think he seemed scared of saying something that might not stand up to scrutiny when questioned, or, might not take place or later be regarded as a lie.

I don't know why he worried back then, after all compared to 50,000 new nurses, 40 "New " hospitals and a new Nuclear power station every year, what could he say wrong ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dom Cummins disagrees. I disgree.

If the 22 does not get him out in the next week, he will stay in number 10, plotting and scheming to the last.

Agreed. If he refuses to go, it’ll be hard to shift him. He has a history of saying anything people want to hear just to stop the immediate pressure. Has he said he’s resigning just to get people to shut up? Why does he want to stay on until Autumn? There’s only one plausible reason; he thinks he can turn it round.

Now, it may be that 1922 can get him out sooner. But they’ll have a job on their hands .

As I have said, it’s not over yet. We’ll see what he has to say in the next half hour….

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Micahel Cockerell on 5Live a moment ago:

"Right now he is probably writing the fastest Prime Ministerial memoir in history and remembering the words of Winston Churchill: History will be kind to me, because I will be writing the history."

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's see if he admits the game is up and makes it clear he won't be PM going forward, or if he indicates he will stand again.

Either way, he can't hang around for months, it would be grotesque, so the only way to get shot of him is for the 22 to boot him out.

Scenes!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they actually had a group at end of Downing St to give some applause.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Boris Johnson is now expected to make his resignation statement at around 12.30pm, the BBC reports.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

As leader of the Tory party…a massive difference

Seriously, as previously said, I’m almost convinced Johnson will only be removed by an act of god or nutter. Either of which I’d be happy to see. He is incapable of going. It’s not in his sociopathic and narcissistic character which are deeply dangerous traits for someone in his position. Everyone needs to learn from this. MPs, party members and the electorate. Dependency on a sense of integrity and honour isn’t enough. It’s a flaw in our system. And needs to be urgently addressed because of this new breed of ‘leaders’ like him and Trump.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
still campaigning in a resignation speech :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have just realised why I like the cut of Ben Wallace's Jib...

While in the Scots Guards, he is said to have broken the record for the largest ever bill at the bar in the officers' mess.

:drink: [emoji38]ol:
Ah that explains his desire to serve the people as an MP and get usage of of those subsidised bars in the HoC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here