The (virtual) beers are on me! ***WARNING: May contain scenes of smugness***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
cb027626hx0.jpg

I've just won the £1,000 first prize in a writing competition. :clap2::clap2::clap2::drink::drink::drink:

And the sun is shining.

It's an omen for a grand weekend I tell 'ee. I can feel a 5-0 thrashing coming tomorrow - let's just hope the team remember it is better to give than to receive.

*winner*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
cb027626hx0.jpg

I've just won the £1,000 first prize in a writing competition. :clap2::clap2::clap2::drink::drink::drink:

And the sun is shining.

It's an omen for a grand weekend I tell 'ee. I can feel a 5-0 thrashing coming tomorrow - let's just hope the team remember it is better to give than to receive.

*winner*

Congratulations mate.

I just hope we don't lose 5-0 at home tomorrow though.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
What did you have to write?

It was the 20th Anniversary competition of a creative wiriting course. I had to say how joining it had affected my life - which it's fair to say it has.

To be honest I was expecting someone to win it with an essay along the lines of "My sister died when I was young and I just had my legs amputated whilst recovering from cancer. Only by joining this course have I got my life back on track..."

But it seems there weren't any such suitable entrants. :clap2:

Lush

Mods' Pet
It was the 20th Anniversary competition of a creative wiriting course. I had to say how joining it had affected my life - which it's fair to say it has.

To be honest I was expecting someone to win it with an essay along the lines of "My sister died when I was young and I just had my legs amputated whilst recovering from cancer. Only by joining this course have I got my life back on track..."

So .... you wrote about a load of sad cases who read internet message boards? *still nosey*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

'wiriting' is indeed a bit creative :lol:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
CONGRATULATIONS!

What did you write about? *nosey*

Blithered on for a while about starting out as an accidental engineer and how it took me to the age of 40 to realise my true calling in life.

Seemed to work though.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Put some of your bag on that 5-0, then do the Lottery, as they say good things come in threes :)

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing

Well done! I've always wanted to gt involved with writing creatively. My English teacher at school reckoned I had the ability and requested a copy of my first book, but I haven't had the confidence so far

Will be starting a creative writing course with the OU at the end of the year, so maybe after that? Are we allowed to read what you wrote?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports