• In

Votes: 200 53.2%
  • Out

Votes: 176 46.8%

• Total voters

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
This could so easily turn into a replay of the Hyppia debacle. I do hope that Tony got GP into the boardroom this afternoon and did a Priti Patel wih plenty of shouting and table banging. Because if I'd invested the kind of money that Tony has done I'd be doing just that,

Nevertheless, GP is on a decent screw and isn't going to be too happy to lose that. So maybe in turn he should organise next week's training into strategic groups, concentrating especially on players trying to hit the goal mouth. And a call to Watford for Glenn wouldn't go amiss.

I'm 'in' un;ess there's another shambles like this... And please, NO NO NO tot that ex Bournemouth clown

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its ultimately down to the players not taking their chances. We should be in the top half easily if we had more consistent players

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
In. Just. I'd give him until the end of January to turn things round but I'd have a word with Dan Ashworth and start looking for a potential replacement now.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It’s just an opinion and I know that many will disagree. I still largely enjoy watching us play now. I couldn’t say that in the final days of Hughton’s time at the club. As maddening as our ability to put the ball in the net is, we look like we start out matches believing we can win. For me, that’s enough.

In.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
In but he needs backing. We needed a striker in the summer what we got was an injury prone free from a championship team who is also our best option and an untested kid. We need a PL level forward from somewhere. A shuffling of the pack would help too, some fresh blood especially with pace, we play some nice stuff but without penetration unless Lamptey is playing.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What do you think of his away record?

Away games - 25
Away wins - 6
Win % - 24%

Overall games - 50
Overall wins - 11
Win % - 22%

My understanding is the league average for away wins over the last few seasons is just shy of 30%.
Hughton's was 13% (home 34%).

So it's better, certainly. Doesn't make up for the home stats though IMHO.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
3 out on the right March jahanbksh and trossard then we put a striker on the left ****ing shambles

It obvious he's learned that playing 3 at the back gives more possession and attacking intent, but the rest, including in game management is pretty bad.

I honestly do wonder at times if he is just winging it and taking punts on formation/players rather than having some grand strategy or footballing thesis.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Out now for me, just so frustrating watching us attack knowing what the end product is going to be, hasn’t got a plan B and certain players seemed to have regressed under him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hate to say it but it's Out for me, sadly. Was delighted when Houghton Out left, equally delighted when Potter was appointed. Pretty football is worth nothing without wins. There's a happy point somewhere between the two-Potter doesn't know how to look for it. Has to go now, preferably resign.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Would we be better off binning Potter, playing like a big Sam team and try to defend for a 1-0? I doubt so.

With fewer chances created from a more negative style, I see us struggling even more. Surely we’d want 6 chances for our strikers to miss than 2? Even with current results I’m confident that a bit of form and confidence we can ‘click’ and start picking up the results that a mid table side picks up.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Would we be better off binning Potter, playing like a big Sam team and try to defend for a 1-0? I doubt so.

With fewer chances created from a more negative style, I see us struggling even more. Surely we’d want 6 chances for our strikers to miss than 2? Even with current results I’m confident that a bit of form and confidence we can ‘click’ and start picking up the results that a mid table side picks up.

Why are people obsessed with Big Sam ffs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m in, but on the basis that we created the chances to score 3-4 today and you can’t normally blame the manager for attackers missing sitters.

Confidence does however seem to be running very low throughout the team (as does general team spirit) and this is sure to affect our ability to put chances away. I don’t know what’s caused this, but it is up to the manager to address.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
In and a January window... isn’t it Ashworth and Winstanly in charge of recruitment? Maybe they should let GPott pick someone...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here