[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No idea is the short answer but I would guess Haywards Heath would be a good shout if it's Midhurst. If it's Steyning then who knows. Lewes would probably be a good middle ground but I doubt the Sussex FA would want to pay what Lewes would want for hire or even if they can use a ground out of the league. So possibly Haywards Heath again??
Hassocks last season, have you forgotten that Newhaven beat Crowborough :wink:
It was supposed to also be played at Hassocks the season before, Hassocks FC didn’t want Littehampton fans there after their pyro and fireworks display in the league match.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Reply to Wick FC from the Wick Ultras :smile:

IMG_1418.jpeg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hassocks last season, have you forgotten that Newhaven beat Crowborough :wink:
It was supposed to also be played at Hassocks the season before, Hassocks FC didn’t want Littehampton fans there after their pyro and fireworks display in the league match.
No I hadn't forgot. I got bloody soaked so pissed off home early and missed Crowborough's late consolation.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For anyone interested, there is a live stream of the Sussex Transport Senior Cup Final at the Amex this evening:-

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Former Albion scholar Eliot Jenks (younger brother of Teddy) is on the bench for Hastings United.

Four former Albion players start for Horsham with a fifth (Doug Tuck) on the bench.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Non-League Matters website are beginning to discuss next season's leagues.
Their projected Isthmian Premier Division is as follows:-

Billericay
Bognor Regis*
Bowers and Pitsea
Canvey Island
Carshalton
Chatham
Cheshunt
Chichester City*
Cray Wanderers
Cray Valley Paper Mills
Dartford
Dover
Dulwich Hamlet
Folkestone Invicta
Hastag Utd
Hastings Utd*
Hendon
Horsham*
Lewes*
Potters Bar
Whitehawk*
Wingate and Finchley

Bowers & Pitsea, Chichester and Cray Valley all being promoted.
Dartford and Dover relegated from NLS, whilst Hendon are moved sideways from the Southern League.

*This would mean 10 all-Sussex clashes for each of our Sussex clubs.

Unless I’m being thick does this mean Havant are in the Premier South? If so then bloody hell Bognor got lucky.

All those Sussex teams and you’re playing Plymouth and Merthyr? Ouch!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Unless I’m being thick does this mean Havant are in the Premier South? If so then bloody hell Bognor got lucky.

All those Sussex teams and you’re playing Plymouth and Merthyr? Ouch!
When Bognor were possibles to be moved across to the Southern League a couple of seasons ago one of the Rocks fans worked out the total distances Bognor would need to travel in the Southern League compared to the Isthmian League.
Surprisingly the Southern League was marginally less travelling.
There were/are several clubs in East Anglia plus the likes of Folkestone and Dover that are long journeys from Bognor.
If a poll was taken of the Bognor fans I reckon most would prefer to be visiting some new teams in the Southern League. Numerous journeys around the M25 can get a bit much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports